Strava Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
What do you use to log your rides in Strava then, a Casio?

I do happen to use a Garmin to record my rides (I had a Wahoo before though) but many people use other devices, not least smartphones (I do also record my rides simultaneously on my iPhone) ;)

However, I never open Garmin Connect unless I need to force a failed upload to Strava. If I want to look at Strava data, I use the Strava app or website :thumbsup:

Panscrank

I can't answer that but it's worth mentioning the Wahoo app gives lots of ride data and Komoot gives very basic detail.

How Many Phones or Devices Can I Use Garmin Connect App On?​

Multiple phones or tablets can be used with the same Garmin Connect account.

But Garmin devices can only be paired to one mobile device at a time, so be sure you are paired and synced prior to starting your activity so you have all the data you need.

Panscrank

What a summary of one ride looks like in Garmin Connect:
1674732817995.png

1674732848397.png

vickster

Legendary Member
Personally I’m only interested in how far I’ve gone, how long it took and average speed. Strava does that in the App, no interest in anything else

Panscrank

Personally I’m only interested in how far I’ve gone, how long it took and average speed. Strava does that in the App, no interest in anything else
Same here. It just tracks all those as I have a Garmin Fenix watch that comes with all that detail.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

How Many Phones or Devices Can I Use Garmin Connect App On?​

Multiple phones or tablets can be used with the same Garmin Connect account.

But Garmin devices can only be paired to one mobile device at a time, so be sure you are paired and synced prior to starting your activity so you have all the data you need.

Out of interest why would one need to pair and sync before starting a ride. I use a Wahoo, sometimes a Garmin watch and very, very occasionally my phone. I've never needed to sync/connect to anything before starting a ride.

Panscrank

Out of interest why would one need to pair and sync before starting a ride. I use a Wahoo, sometimes a Garmin watch and very, very occasionally my phone. I've never needed to sync/connect to anything before starting a ride.
Think it means 1st time. After that, my Fenix, following a ride, walk etc autosyncs to Garmin and it appears on my phone app and the PC web portal.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

You might wish to sync a course to navigate. You do that from your phone, tablet, PC, Mac as per your preferences. You might wish to change the data fields and you might decide to do that on phone, in which case you need to sync those to the GPS. Any change done on a phone for a GPS needs to be synced whether Garmin or Wahoo and whether you are aware or not.

gzoom

Über Member
What's this Garmin thing you all still use?? Phone + smart watch + Peloton for me instead of Strava :smile:.

52649511048_e1a8c53c3d_c_d.jpg

Top Bottom