Strava Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iandg

Legendary Member
I didn't know this but was not intending to renew my subscription. I haven't benefited from it (for the type of cyclist that I am) over the lat 12 months,

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So the good news, if everyone cancels their subscriptions I will get further up the leaderboard 🙂

Must admit when I first started using it around ten years ago it was still quite new, and I noticed myself slipping down the leaderboards once more people started using it, so it would work in reverse.

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
Never used it and no interest in using it.

I used to think that then I discovered that I could add photos to each ride, write notes if I wanted. All of a sudden I have a great record of my trips all for hitting a few buttons.
A mileage record is good too for figuring out when it might be a good idea to change some components.
It's not all about performance.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I used to think that then I discovered that I could add photos to each ride, write notes if I wanted. All of a sudden I have a great record of my trips all for hitting a few buttons.
A mileage record is good too for figuring out when it might be a good idea to change some components.
It's not all about performance.

This is very true and why I like it. Yes, I'm interested in my average speed, feet climbed, HR and confess on a good day I'll have a crack at a segment but none of it is serious.

I doubt I venture close to the records you would keep but I name my rides sensibly. For example "Cheshire Loop via xyz." Next time I fancy a similar ride I can take a look back. Others look at my rides and grab ones they like.

Good friends pore over every detail of their rides, discuss performance indicators, training plans, diets, etc. Mostly I haven't a clue what they're talking about but..........

...........guess what? We're all having lots of fun, taking different bits of joy from a bike ride. In my little group for the princely sum of about 30p per ride.

Bargain!!!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Currently an annual subscriber whom forgot to cancel lol .

Not cycling currently and not that interested in the “stats” now. Only log walks so I’ve got zero need for the features now.
If it closed tomorrow I don’t think I’d care . The Garmin app has enough for me .

Tenkaykev

Guru
Currently an annual subscriber whom forgot to cancel lol .

Not cycling currently and not that interested in the “stats” now. Only log walks so I’ve got zero need for the features now.
If it closed tomorrow I don’t think I’d care . The Garmin app has enough for me .

I'm in a very small group including family members and friends. I'd not realised that I could add photos and notes to my activities until our daughter posted a few from a particularly scenic bike ride. Now I add short notes to some of my running walking workouts, just to refer back to.

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
I name my rides sensibly
Is that inferring that mine are "insensibly" named :laugh:
guess what? We're all having lots of fun, taking different bits of joy from a bike ride
Well, that's the important thing.
For some, it's all about performance but that doesn't float my boat. I think the photos can be a great incentive to get people out or remind them of what they may be missing when they don't. I can also see how it can be a disincentive for folks who don't see any great progress or feel inadequate in comparison to others.

I recall when I first started using a gps and discovering segments how my daily commute went from being fun and relaxing to a race and very unpleasant.

And my subscription to Strava doesn't cost me a penny.^_^

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I'm in a very small group including family members and friends. I'd not realised that I could add photos and notes to my activities until our daughter posted a few from a particularly scenic bike ride. Now I add short notes to some of my running walking workouts, just to refer back to.

So premium inc uploading photos ?

Scrap that can upload on basic , that’s fine for me !!!

Last edited:

Sallar55

Veteran
Photos. Instagram used to be linked to Strava ,that was a long time ago. Back then it was having to delete crap images,today you have to upload them yourself.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Way back in the dim and distant past I seem to remember you couldn't add pictures to a Strava ride unless you'd taken them on a phone that was running the Strava app. If you just had a jpg from a digital camera it was no go. Is that still the case?

(And indeed, was that ever the case or am I making things up again?)

Alex321

Veteran
Way back in the dim and distant past I seem to remember you couldn't add pictures to a Strava ride unless you'd taken them on a phone that was running the Strava app. If you just had a jpg from a digital camera it was no go. Is that still the case?

(And indeed, was that ever the case or am I making things up again?)

You can add them more easily from the phone running the app, as if you tap on the edit activity button, then add photos/videos, it will bring up the ones taken during the ride.

But if you tap on 'Add media' rather than edit activity, either within the app on your phone, or from the web browser, you can then add any photos/videos you have on the device you are accessing from (videos will be cropped to 30 seconds).

So yes, you can upload from yout digital camera to your PC (or other device), then add them to your strava activity.

Top Bottom