Sub 8kg bike for not too much money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Using www.bikecalculator.com if you reduce bike weight by 2 kg you can expect to reduce a 24 minute climb by 29 seconds
Interesting ...

It won't be a scientific test, but I might do the Cragg Vale climb twice on the same day in the Spring, once on my Basso (about 22 lbs) and once on my Cannondale (about 18 lbs). I reckon I could do it at least 29 seconds quicker on the Cannondale because it weighs less, is stiffer, and has a newer, much nicer transmission. (It feels more efficient. What that actually translates to on the road is another matter.)

If I do my little test, I'll come back to this thread and post my results below. (I'll ride the Basso first in case the second ride is slower due to fatigue. If I save 29 seconds on the second ride, then it might have been even quicker if I hadn't done the other ride first.)

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've driven across it, that was tiring enough :biggrin: In fact I was a passenger :laugh: Lovely scenery though :okay:

Any time you want to ride it let me know . Strava tells me I've ridden up it 65 times in the past two and a half years so I have a fair idea. Still not very quick though :laugh:

Top Bottom