Tacx Vortex Smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gillian

Does the Tacx Vortex Smart work with Bkool simulator?
I'm looking to get a similar experience to what is described using the Bkool pro e.g. The resistance changes automatically to mirror the selected route. The BKool trainer, whilst it looks great, is a tad pricey. Was hoping to get something similar for less and the Vortex Smart looked like it might do the job.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yep, I'm using one :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

According to Evans I need to buy the software for it to work with Bkool? For it to automatically change the resistance?
No. You need an ipad/iphone and the free tacx utility app to update the firmware. The only other cost is for a USB ANT+ stick which is a given for most pc based training programs

Gert Lush

Thank you both. I had thought that but I just wanted to be certain.

I'm trying to get evans to price match with wiggle so I can get it asap! Wiggle is out of stock.

Edit: Won't price match because it's not in stock. So will have to wait for a bit then.

Last edited:

Gert Lush

So I may be using this a bit sooner than anticipated. May have bought one!

Now Bkool or Zwift? I'm thinking Bkool because of the amount of you people who play it from here.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Easy one, Zwift is pretty much 2 courses rideable in reverse. Bkool is a massive video library and in the big thread there's daily races, climb leagues etc

Top Bottom