Tacx Vortex Smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
So I may be using this a bit sooner than anticipated. May have bought one!

Now Bkool or Zwift? I'm thinking Bkool because of the amount of you people who play it from here.
I would try both FWIW...I've been using bkool pretty much since the beginning...but I do love zwift

Leodis

Veteran
Just ordered my Vortex this morning, £230 from Bike-Discount and added a mat, would be rude not too... Roll on Zwift hellness... Say good bye to icey, wet, snow and hail driven commutes in winter, welcome warm suffering whilst suppin a cuppa T.

Wiggle had them for £236 out of stock, then they updated yesterday to £266 out of stock 2-4 weeks but now its end of December. Chain reaction have them for £238 and in stock

I ordered a USB extn cable just in case but probs wont need it.

Gert Lush

Just ordered my Vortex this morning, £230 from Bike-Discount and added a mat, would be rude not too... Roll on Zwift hellness... Say good bye to icey, wet, snow and hail driven commutes in winter, welcome warm suffering whilst suppin a cuppa T.

Wiggle had them for £236 out of stock, then they updated yesterday to £266 out of stock 2-4 weeks but now its end of December. Chain reaction have them for £238 and in stock

I ordered a USB extn cable just in case but probs wont need it.

I'm glad I saw this! I ordered from Evans (saw the rose-bikes link after). And they wouldn't price match wiggle because they were out of stock but they should be no reason they shouldn't price match chainreaction. It's nice they offer a 7 day after order price comparison.

I've got it all, just waiting on my wheel now!

Leodis

Veteran
Just to add, if you buy the Vortex from Bike-Discount the standard version does not come with QR as I have just found out to my extra cost, the TdF version does though, also you will need an adapter as the plugs are supplied with EU ones.. At this rate I might as well bought from Evans haha

Gert Lush

Don't think mine was set up correctly yesterday, too much pressure on wheel for sure. I've never seen so much rubber spit out before. Changed it today and might give it a shot tomorrow if my arse is less sore :P

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Just to add, if you buy the Vortex from Bike-Discount the standard version does not come with QR as I have just found out to my extra cost, the TdF version does though, also you will need an adapter as the plugs are supplied with EU ones.. At this rate I might as well bought from Evans haha
Mine from Rosebikes did though :smile: maybe an unlucky forgotten inclusion at packing

Neilsmith

Don't think mine was set up correctly yesterday, too much pressure on wheel for sure. I've never seen so much rubber spit out before. Changed it today and might give it a shot tomorrow if my arse is less sore :P
Did you do the calibration, my Bushido was OK after doing calibration first attempt

Top Bottom