taining tips???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

naffets

can anyone pass on advice? i go out on the local club runs,im fine on hills as i only weigh ten stone so dont suffer as bad as some of the bigger guys.But where i seem to suffer is on the flat when the pace picks up to 25mph i struggle to stay on a wheel to improve would doing any weight training help? any other ideas

MePower

I`m the opposite, suffer when pace is quick on hills, but can cruise at a good rate of knots on the flat. Going to the gym will certainly help as you can train your core muscles, lower back, hips, and thighs. This can improve your speed, and endurance at higher revs. Done with intervals on the bike, you should get there quite quickly.

jayce

i was talking to a friend about this im not fast on hills as im 14 st but on the flat im fast. got the legs for hills but its the pulling weight i find on flat can pop along 30 mph all day long and the lighter guys cant but their good on hills so i think its one or the other im up now for losing a stone to see if it will make me a bit quicker on hills

Will1985

Über Member
No chance. Even Wiggins on his long solo breakaway in the Tour 2 years ago was 'only' doing about 40km/h before he slowed and got reeled in.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The course record on my local 10 route was set by a pro cyclist. His average was a tad over 30 mph (it's not a particularly fast course)

Anyway. Look into interval training (Google it). Keep up the club runs, probably won't be long before you can hang on.

If your club runs regular time trials during the season try doing those (if you don't already), riding hard once a week will make you quicker. If you do one interval session in the week as well then you'll probably get even quicker still.

jayce

sorry guys i mean kmh ,my bad only read it just now, if i could do that mr c evans move over . ;) il check my wording from now on .

walker

Just keep plugging away, sounds like your body is struggling to cope with the extra lactic acid in the legs which won't kick in so badly when going up the hills on such a light body.

And I can hold a 27mph on a straight quite easily

Top Bottom