Tales from today's prescribed exercise period? (lockdown special?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Then I apologise
thankyou sir!

dodgy

Anyone else doing cycling as their prescribed exercise for lockdown?

The BiL and I went out today for a long ride (out through cobham, then down through Ockham, East Clandon, Gomshall, and then back up. It nearly killed me. I haven't been out in a while plus those Surrey hills are HILLY. I mean SERIOUSLY HILLY.

Still it was a lovely quiet 4 hour bike ride (well 3 hours 40 mins for 40 miles).

Anyone else exercising?

You use the phrase 'lockdown', but I don't think you really understand what it means.

Never mind, keep on making those personal risk based exceptions, we all understand.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Did a quick 9 miles on the bike during lunch. Amazing how much faster you cycle when you know you have to clock back in.

Went to Coop after work for bread/milk via The the River Avon path.

Was Pleasant:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Haven't felt quite right all day, so gave the bike ride a miss. Managed 300 press ups in sets of 100 (not getting easier with age) and 90 crunches in sets of 30. Did a few standing wall presses to stretch the triceps, and that was it, a bodyweight day.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I went for an unremarkable stroll along Seaburn seafront.

However, it was accompanied by now usual mental anguish over the restrictions.

This time because I'd parked the car before going for the walk.

I think it is now accepted you are OK to drive a short distance for your daily dose.

The seafront is only about three miles away, and I did combine the journey with a visit to Morrisons, honest I did, your honour.

gbb

Legendary Member
2 weeks off so I've been using an hour and maybe a bit more most days to cycle / amble round the countryside it's been very nice. Normally I'm too sore after a days work so usually only manage one or two to one hour rides a week.Last two rides I've punctured, that's despite having Marathon Plus's fitted AND they're filled with slime. Repaired one ,ast night and realised, most of the slimes gone, probably through occasional punctures.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was on my regular 20km commute at 4.30am and my water bottle froze.

It is summer time isn`t it?

gbb

Legendary Member
Around a 12 mile ride this afternoon, no rush, round the Milton Estate on mostly countryside roads. A large buzzard, lots of small birdlife and as I looked across....an ( almost certainly) Augusta Westland Merlin, Royal Navy helicopter came straight towards, and over me from over the fields at about 2x tree heights. Lovely sight and sound, i almost wanted to wave :laugh:, you could see the crew and passengers sitting, backs to the rear windows. I'd guess maybe headed for RAF Wittering, unusual to see Navy stuff around here.
Still chilly out there if you get in the breeze and out of the sun.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
26 steady miles for me today, pretty steady as its the 1st ride in over a week as i had what was just hopefully man flu .Legs were aching as soon as i started off and didnt gt any better but i plodded on anyway and just enjoyed the ride.
In the country lanes drivers very patient but once i got close to home and had to go through a town centre as my legs had had enough it was the usual idiot driving standard

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_150309502.jpg
    IMG_20200331_150309502.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200331_150404151.jpg
    IMG_20200331_150404151.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5

All uphill

Still rolling along
10 miles today with Ms AllUphill, lovely to be out on a fairly bright day. We pootled around town joining up bits of familiar routes

Very little traffic, but lots of families out walking and cycling. Most made friendly greetings, just the odd person who chooses to be in their own bubble.

All very pleasant and good for the mental and physical health.

johnnyb47

Guru
I went out for a ride out today. I saw a few things that raised my eyebrow
Choosing quiet lanes, i was met by around 15 walkers hogging the lane all walking closely together. Hmmmm not good i thought.
A good few miles later i cycled past a Co-op shop.
There was a long line of around 20 people standing outside waiting there turn to go in. They were all widely spread out along the foot path. Right at the back of the queue was an elderly lady leaning on her zimmer frame. She was going to be stuck there for ages, and nobody was offering to let her get to the front. Me being me, i just couldn't see this and asked her what she needed.. To my surprise she only wanted some bread and milk, so i told her to go and sit down across the road on the bench and will get her what she needed.
Just down the road was a petrol station so i cycled up and got what she needed and brought it back to her. Left it on the adjacent bench and for what it was worth refused to take any money. The queue outside had hardly moved and noticed the a few guilty looks from them.
My good deed for the day.

Top Bottom