Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Stans sealant.

Pop down to local chemist, buy a 5/10 mil syringe with a narrow nozzle. Unscrew valve core with with pliers or tool. Inject until 60-75mil is inside. Watch out for burping, so have cloth to hand. Refit valve inflate, job done

Will it get messy as the tyre deflates?^_^

I rarely burp now. Not sure why not though.
2 friend each had a puncture on today's ride. I know tubeless isn't perfect or hassle free but standing by side of road while tubes are replaced and tyres checked is not much fun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for joining the ride @Brusgaard and giving me someone to chase :okay: I was planning that short ride to be a warm down, that was until you joined :boxing: I knew I couldn't hold you off, but could see that you was holding back so was going to be sneaky and jump you on the last descent. Seems you suspected this too as you just kept the distance between us wide enough that when I pushed over the top of the hill and picked up speed I just couldn't reach you :sweat: Hope I gave you enough of a work out to stay away from me :tongue:

CXRAndy

Guru
Will it get messy as the tyre deflates?^_^

I rarely burp now. Not sure why not though.
2 friend each had a puncture on today's ride. I know tubeless isn't perfect or hassle free but standing by side of road while tubes are replaced and tyres checked is not much fun.

No not really, I wrap a little bit of tissue around valve stem. Deflating no problems, just getting it back in can be messy if you're slap dash

The only puncture on any of my bikes with tubeless/tubular in the last 3 years has been my MTB and even that got me to the finish with a 1cm gash in it.

Steve

Oh shiv CG stage 4 is painful :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:. That's harder than it appears it should be :blink:.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that found CG stage 4 so hard, as you may have noticed i was supporting the group with the slowest time until your attempt :hello: and i've tried 4 attempts since but was never able to get on top of it, the last attempt i gave up with 6km to go as Jim's ghost was 'chasing me down'

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'm glad i'm not the only one that found CG stage 4 so hard, as you may have noticed i was supporting the group with the slowest time until your attempt :hello: and i've tried 4 attempts since but was never able to get on top of it, the last attempt i gave up with 6km to go as Jim's ghost was 'chasing me down'
Yay I'm the strongest rider in the group :cry:.

I recall a stage last year that had a similar issue. Fairly flat, not too long, but for some reason everyone was getting higher power levels than normal. The only thing I can think of it that they were both 'gravel' routes. I just could not get enough power going through the pedals to overcome routes setup :cursing:.

Still I'm gonna have a go at the 2 outstanding stages before the last one this week.

Whorty

Yay I'm the strongest rider in the group :cry:.

I recall a stage last year that had a similar issue. Fairly flat, not too long, but for some reason everyone was getting higher power levels than normal. The only thing I can think of it that they were both 'gravel' routes. I just could not get enough power going through the pedals to overcome routes setup :cursing:.

Still I'm gonna have a go at the 2 outstanding stages before the last one this week.
I was 30 watts down on CG4 but luckily managed to post an ok time. Watched @bert1971 the other day and he nailed it! :-)

I was 30 watts down on CG4 but luckily managed to post an ok time. Watched @bert1971 the other day and he nailed it! :-)
thanks @Whorty but I confess @Brusgaard dragged me round that stage, had to dig in to stay with him but couldn't have done that on my ownxx(

Whorty

thanks @Whorty but I confess @Brusgaard dragged me round that stage, had to dig in to stay with him but couldn't have done that on my ownxx(
I'm planning to do that stage again, using your ghost. See if i can get you to drag me around. Not convinced I'll be able to stay with you though as I saw the power you was pushing out.

Whorty

If you need som help, I should be able to help you tonight... ^_^ At the moment my old 10-speed 105'er is in the BKOOL, so you should have no trouble keeping up. :-)
I'll have your ghost from last time too so even if you can't help me tomorrow live, you will in spirit :laugh:

Top Bottom