Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Yes, unfortunately it's not easy for an admin to set the criteria to find obviously unacceptable rides. It stupidly gives the options to set for heart rate, weight, cadence and lost signal, when far more useful would be w/kg, speed, average watts. And also admins at our level cannot remove a ride from a league once its been accepted either automatically or manually. I'm sure for the SC the criteria is set to accept all rides automatically as there's so many in the league that it would take up too much time to accept each one manually.
W/kg would be a start one rider with 26 wpk and 2 riders with 16 wpk . They must know it themselves that it is not possible ..

Ryan lawman

Über Member
W/kg would be a start one rider with 26 wpk and 2 riders with 16 wpk . They must know it themselves that it is not possible ..
I have to wait for my rides to be accepted because when I done the Sc last year I was 63 kg and now I am 62 kg . And other guys are doing rides with 1100 watt average .:excl::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I have to wait for my rides to be accepted because when I done the Sc last year I was 63 kg and now I am 62 kg . And other guys are doing rides with 1100 watt average .:excl::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I was going to say that you must be disappearing but I survived 24 years of Service at 10st 4/65 kg at 6 ft.
Always got the peche ripped out of me for being so 'lean' but now I'm the one who's laughing.
Put a stone and a quarter on since then and now I am a fat 32" waist.

On the watts side, I occasionally get 1000 watt spikes but they are down to slope transitions and BSim or the BKool power start where you can wind up to 110 rpm on a 52/11 before the resistance kicks in.

Didn't Kwiatkowski hit 900 watts attacking on the Poggio in Milan San Remo this year after 280 km of racing.
Surely it's possible for an amateur to do that fresh over a few km, NOT.

Even Forstermann couldn't sustain that sort of power, 1000 watt (That's me standing next to him before I won Drag Race last year).
Watch the vid of him cooking toast (almost) on a 3 KW Toaster.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn4N55JL5wI

The toast was not too brown mind, wimp!

rev_jan5_2013_Forstermann_3.jpg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I think the French had some seriously quick ones bored out to the max and these were/are legal for 14 year olds there. There was poor me stuck with my Dawes Star Realmrider while the French kids were bombing around in these.

Centre pull brakes, large flange hubs and all!
And is that a Brooks B37?
Doh! read the spec AAAC

06_Star_Realmrider.jpg

AAAC 76C

Large Member
That's the one. It was original and mint (including the centre pull brakes and large flange hubs) and I bought it from a neighbour for £25. That was 5 days picking tatties at £5 per day. I loved that bike.

My mates mum used to go picking.
Earned a mint and avoided tax totally at the time.
I tried a bit of fruit picking in the school hols and the women absolutely left us behind, their punnets where stacked high and they gassed all day as well.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
That's the one. It was original and mint (including the centre pull brakes and large flange hubs) and I bought it from a neighbour for £25. That was 5 days picking tatties at £5 per day. I loved that bike.

Rat trap pedals and cotter pins.
Those were the days eh Jim
Had parra... logram gears as well.
And a pump!
Not to mention 'flamboyant' colours.
Now I'm seeing what attracted Bill.
Smitten by the contrasting panels and guards.

Who needs a lock when you have contrasting guards!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Whorty SC 21
:eek:

BILL S

Guru
Rat trap pedals and cotter pins.
Those were the days eh Jim
Had parra... logram gears as well.
And a pump!
Not to mention 'flamboyant' colours.
Now I'm seeing what attracted Bill.
Smitten by the contrasting panels and guards.

Who needs a lock when you have contrasting guards!

Only 5 gears. Cotter pins that wore out and with each rotation you would get the crank arm slipping a bit until the cotter pin was renewed. When I got back into cycling in my 30s (mountain biking) it was mighty confusing at first with everything redesigned in admittedly much better ways and much stronger. I remember the way wheels used to buckle so easily. And mud guards!! Mind you, today riding home from work I could have done with mudguards. Just looked on ebay and there's a Star Realmrider for £25 in Huddersfield. Seeing it very quickly put me off the idea as I really can't be 4rsed doing a bike renovation that would never be finished.

CXRAndy

Guru
Toaster boy generated 700W for 1 minute 4 seconds and was at the end 'toast'.:laugh:

I don't feel too bad, I can generate those watts, not quite as long ^_^

Come on Bkoolers, you guys can do that power for miles:tongue:

LBHIFI

Veteran
On the watts side, I occasionally get 1000 watt spikes but they are down to slope transitions and BSim or the BKool power start where you can wind up to 110 rpm on a 52/11 before the resistance kicks in.
There's definitely a big difference in peak power spikes and power for even just a few seconds. It's not all that uncommon to have peaks at 1000 watt.

Top Bottom