Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Well that was annoying - had formed a group of 3 out front at halfway with Bill and Aleman, Rod chasing just behind. Then my chain came off at the surprise 7%, followed by BSIM loosing signal and what seemed to be putting me back on a different course! :cursing:
Yeah, that was a real pity. The best thing about the flat CG races is getting into a group, staying with it, then having a race for the line at the end.

BILL S

Guru
Yeah - we were working well together to bridge up to Bill and Rod at halfway - If we'd kept that up we may have stuck with Bill! :smile:

Well done Bill - I dipped back in as a spectator and saw you produce a strong finish ^_^

Thanks. Was feeling reasonably fit today but if AAAC, Daddy Pig, Bridgy & Tommy had been there it'd have ended very differently :cycle:

BILL S

Guru
Was really trying hard, but once the HR hit 190 I knew I was cooked, I knew that last 5Km was going to be hard, and I just couldn't get the HR to drop back to a sensible figure ... I really needed a 1% incline for the last Km to bring @BILL S back ... Or @peterob to have appeared back :sad:

Well done @BILL S

Got a new FTP (and a lot more sensible than the last BKool assisted one :smile: )

Thanks. I was hoping to bring you along with me for a race to the line. As you said, if there'd been a bit of an incline you'd have probably stayed with me as I don't do well with the hills these days. Not sure if my turbo is calibrated wrong but I always seem to make much more power on the flat.

Marino.g

Veteran
Thanks. I was hoping to bring you along with me for a race to the line. As you said, if there'd been a bit of an incline you'd have probably stayed with me as I don't do well with the hills these days. Not sure if my turbo is calibrated wrong but I always seem to make much more power on the flat.
Arrange for Bkool to remote access your laptop and they will calibrate it for you if you think there may be a problem.

Del C

Veteran
That was enjoyable, @Del C and I worked together most of the way.
I caught him up or he waited for me at the beginning and we stayed together until the last half mile.
Good teamwork @Del C :hugs:

Yes that was good. I didn't wait at the start but could see you were only just behind me, so was happy to work together when you came up.

Thanks for waiting for me on the surprise 7%. I didn't change down quick enough and lost a bit there.

Sorry I couldn't stay with you for the last km, but at as you kicked I could feel the full effects of doing LEJOG stage 2 this morning and decided that limping over the line was the right thing to do! :bicycle:

Marino.g

Veteran
Yes that was good. I didn't wait at the start but could see you were only just behind me, so was happy to work together when you came up.

Thanks for waiting for me on the surprise 7%. I didn't change down quick enough and lost a bit there.

Sorry I couldn't stay with you for the last km, but at as you kicked I could feel the full effects of doing LEJOG stage 2 this morning and decided that limping over the line was the right thing to do! :bicycle:
I noticed I had a reached a new max heart rate on that last bit, was 163 and got to 173 but I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing?

Screenshot_2017-12-07-12-30-16.png
Hmm. A few emails of shame? Wait until Saturday!!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
hallway was the location of choice today, thankfully not much there to cause too much harm. She's been pampered today so feeling better now :okay:

Good to hear she is OK but you can tell her I'm a little bit upset as I got no sympathy from anyone when I fell over last Thursday night.

Missed tonight again due to working late. 08:00 to 20:30 today.
It's getting too much of a habit!

I'll be there for Saturday at 17:00, I hope, that is if I'm not feking shopping!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
View attachment 386325
Hmm. A few emails of shame? Wait until Saturday!!
I hope one of them is for me :wahhey:. One of the few times I get to beat anyone in a CG stg :blush:.

I took 10 or more minutes off of my previous time for that course. Still not 100% on the legs at the moment. Still working back after last months destruction on a CG stg. But about 180w avg so going in the right direction :bicycle:

Out on company do tomorrow and up London with my nephew and nices on Saturday so no rerun for me :surrender:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Damn Windows Defender and Update decided to join forces and render my BSim unusable :cursing:. I was not getting frames per second, but rather seconds per frame :banghead:A good 20 seconds passed before I got the first frame and by then you all were long gone. Decided to just do a good 20 minute effort followed by sweet spot. A fine workout in the end, just 13 watt more than my power meter, but not really a race.

Top Bottom