Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Hi all, long time no type! ^_^

Just wondering how things are in the land of Bkool. Does it still do the 'stop dead' trick when hitting hills? I could be tempted to do a few sessions under Gail's account if things have improved! :becool:
Hello Rick!! Long time indeed! Dead stops do still exist but much less now and just about acceptable. I think you should get back into it. :welcome:

CXRAndy

Guru

Just wondering how things are in the land of Bkool. Does it still do the 'stop dead' trick when hitting hills? I could be tempted to do a few sessions under Gail's account if things have improved! :becool:

From reading the comments, you'll find it harder to produce watts, well silly ones. This seems to be for the imminent release of the new Bkool air direct drive trainer which allegedly has a power meter built in.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Hello Rick!! Long time indeed! Dead stops do still exist but much less now and just about acceptable. I think you should get back into it. :welcome:
I'd like to... but motivation is low so can't promise anything as Zwift has been fairly good to me too!

From reading the comments, you'll find it harder to produce watts, well silly ones. This seems to be for the imminent release of the new Bkool air direct drive trainer which allegedly has a power meter built in.
Been using a power meter on Zwift and on the road so I get identical readings. Be good if Bkool could adjust to similar. Might be worth a whirl to test it.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Rick welcome back bud :hello:. Have you been racing in zwift?
Thanks Tommy

Only a handful of times and nothing much recently. Barely been on a bike since august as I firstly got a sickener of racing in the real world and then did Mizen to Malin in 4 days which then sickened me of long cycles!!! :blush:
. Have dropped about 50 watts I reckon judging by my last couple.of efforts. :cry:
Been running a fair bit though. Doing up to 10-11 miles and hope to do some longer trail duathlon events in 2018.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Welcome back @RickB :okay:

Still get it every now then, but as we're mostly doing fast flat courses we don't see it as often. Some good racing at the moment, made more competitive by the newbies who have recently joined the league. Come and have a spin :thumbsup:

Whorty

Did you read the DCRainmaker review, I think it was about Sept/Oct time? BKool were supposed to ship the new air, and their bike, to a bike trade show and cocked up well and truely ..... I wouldn't bet on the air being very successful :tongue: Vapourware just about summed up both new offerings :banghead:

CXRAndy

Guru
I did read something about a trade show mishap, let's say. It would be a real shame Bkool couldn't/wouldn't get upto speed(no pun) with the latest trainers.

Looking at the 'Air' it's stylish, but it also looks flimsy and likely to topple over, given its has a wobble feature to simulate out of saddle pedalling.

JJRobinson

Hi all...
Anyone had rides fail to upload today? I did one this morning, finished and said uploaded successfully but has never appeared :wacko:
Cheers

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I did read something about a trade show mishap, let's say. It would be a real shame Bkool couldn't/wouldn't get upto speed(no pun) with the latest trainers.

Looking at the 'Air' it's stylish, but it also looks flimsy and likely to topple over, given its has a wobble feature to simulate out of saddle pedalling.

I think the only version they’ve offered up was a prototype Andy. Didn’t the dcrainmaker one have no working parts at all?

I really hope they get it produced soon as it could benefit us all.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
How long does it normally take for a session uploaded to Bkool to appear in Strava? My accounts are linked, and my first two rides are there, but not the one I finished an hour ago?

Whorty

Apparently the humungous size of it means it's never gonna fall over ..... and the 'wobble' feature was non-existent. The bike by all accounts was very poor quality too. Be interesting when the Tacx bike gets released to see if it can compete in quality with the Neo etc.

Top Bottom