Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
You're going to love the Handicap Chase on a Tuesday night if we ever get it up and running again. :wub::hugs:

OK, I give in!

Work is a bit quieter now and riding outside needs a day which is not wet, not too cold, not too windy and not too sunny (low sun gives me problems), so is rare in January and February...

If we get enough riders able to join in and you guys come up with some courses for which you have recent results, I'll use the patented "Geoff" algorithms to come up with Handicaps that you can all moan about.

Need to be less than an hour for the slowest rider, and work best if they do not have too much high gradient stuff, either up or down, so drafting and strategy can be effective, and preferably a good sprint finish for when everyone hopefully closes up towards the end.

If we get enough riders then we can get back into the team handicaps, but to start with probably best to go with individual rides.

What day and time is going to give the most people a chance to join in, as they are certainly best done live.

Geoff

Daddy Pig

Veteran
OK, I give in!

Work is a bit quieter now and riding outside needs a day which is not wet, not too cold, not too windy and not too sunny (low sun gives me problems), so is rare in January and February...

If we get enough riders able to join in and you guys come up with some courses for which you have recent results, I'll use the patented "Geoff" algorithms to come up with Handicaps that you can all moan about.

Need to be less than an hour for the slowest rider, and work best if they do not have too much high gradient stuff, either up or down, so drafting and strategy can be effective, and preferably a good sprint finish for when everyone hopefully closes up towards the end.

If we get enough riders then we can get back into the team handicaps, but to start with probably best to go with individual rides.

What day and time is going to give the most people a chance to join in, as they are certainly best done live.

Geoff
Good to have you back Geoff!
Can I throw my excuses into the hat yet!

bobinski

Legendary Member
OK, I give in!

Geoff

Yay, welcome back Geoff^_^
Now if you can find a way to calculate a handicap for the pros against a NEO I would probably join in:okay:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
OK, I give in!

Geoff

How do Geoff.. :hello:

Thursday at 7pm any good for folk? Or is that bad for the WC participants?

keithaitch

Veteran
OK, I give in!

Geoff
Tuesday at 19:00 UK time would be great for me This sounds way more fun than the WC.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
OK, I give in!

Geoff

Hip hip hooray!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good to have you back Geoff!
Can I throw my excuses into the hat yet!

I laughed so loud at this I think I’ve done my back in... (Too soon?)

Welcome back Geoff, and not a moment too soon! :thumbsup:

I’ll join in the fun. I may be using a different turbo which could make things more complicated. But I doubt it’ll be any less fun!

Maybe you can join in too Geoff?

I think Tuesday is prob best.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Now if you can find a way to calculate a handicap for the pros against a NEO I would probably join in:okay:

I’ll join in the fun. I may be using a different turbo which could make things more complicated. But I doubt it’ll be any less fun!

I don't see why the Handicap system shouldn't work to iron out turbo differences the same as it does for weight, power, etc. Just need to know roughly what your time is on the turbo in question, then aim to get everyone closing up in the final stages, so strategy comes into play.

Maybe you can join in too Geoff?

I've not been brave enough to get back on the turbo yet, I don't fancy ending up back in Hospital. Somehow riding outside seems less risky...

Geoff

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yay, welcome back Geoff^_^
Bob, you NEO watts are probably accurate and won't change in BKool, so why not just say f**k it and join a group lower than last. Your power is not going to be compromised, just your virtual position.
I know I'm going to join a group at least one or two steps down, so we may be riding together this year :-).

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, you NEO watts are probably accurate and won't change in BKool, so why not just say f**k it and join a group lower than last. Your power is not going to be compromised, just your virtual position.
I know I'm going to join a group at least one or two steps down, so we may be riding together this year :-).

:okay:

Top Bottom