Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Help!!!!! I needs some advice. The turbo has started sounding like a hammer drill on start up and the resistance is all over the place, but mainly harder. I've tried the power on/off/on and not had much luck, still sound like a hammer drill.

What can I do other than what I've done. I good at taking stuff apart, not had much luck when putting said stuff back together.

@theboxers - not sure if you've had a chance to have a look at your issue yet.....

I took a couple of videos just now whilst I had a look at mine with the covers off. Not sure if it's the same issue as yours. One video shows it with the issue, the second with it fixed after following @AAAC 76C advice of using the two washers. Thanks AAAC :okay:

Attachments

• Video_broken.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • Video_fixed.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

AAAC 76C

Large Member
@theboxers - not sure if you've had a chance to have a look at your issue yet.....

I took a couple of videos just now whilst I had a look at mine with the covers off. Not sure if it's the same issue as yours. One video shows it with the issue, the second with it fixed after following @AAAC 76C advice of using the two washers. Thanks AAAC :okay:

Glad to be of service.
That's part of the joy of cycling.

PS I can't open your vids on my phone.
I'll try it on the PC later.

I don't think @peterob has the same problem, his is a little more mystical.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve just emailed BKOOL regarding my turbo. I’m out of warranty but I’m hoping because I started complaing about my issues last year that they take that into account. Wishful thinking perhaps... But you never know.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
I’ve just emailed BKOOL regarding my turbo. I’m out of warranty but I’m hoping because I started complaing about my issues last year that they take that into account. Wishful thinking perhaps... But you never know.

As a quality Supplier my self I would instruct you to consult your GP regarding your issues as they are out of scope.
And that Warranty claims submitted outside of the Warranty period are also out of scope.
If you wish to ship your product, at your cost, to our repair centre in Mongolia we will be only too please to assist you by providing a repair quote for the cost of 50 Euro.
The repair quote price will not be deductable from your repair cost and should your not wish to proceed with the repair we can ship your product back as is for 150 Euro.
If you do not wish your Product to be returned our Scrappage fee of 155 Euro will apply.

<Tommy>

Well hopefully BKOOL are more sympathetic than you then I guess...

I come from a long line of people who believed in nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sounds like you’re a direct descendent of Ebeneezer Scrooge! :thumbsdown:

Edit: I should just add that the tone I was going for wasn’t supposed to be ‘grumpy sod’ but reading it back it seems to come across that way!
I’ve just tracked down one of the BKOOL directors down on LinkedIn. Thid could be entertaining if nothing else.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw

Just been home for about the time it takes to swap from one trainer to the next and get the new one paired to Bsim. Not going to be able to look at the trainer tonight, left the tools at work. So I'll have a go tomorrow. Thanks for the videos it looks like a trip to b&q for some washers. :okay:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Glad to be of service.
That's part of the joy of cycling.

PS I can't open your vids on my phone.
I'll try it on the PC later.

I don't think @peterob has the same problem, his is a little more mystical.

I was a bit confused about who was @ and was not or what @ was who or something.
None the less it was out of scope and won't happen again.

<Tommy>

I’m back....well sort of. Been on holiday, then returned with a potentially fatal strain of man flu. Turbo training has been significantly well down on my list of priorities this last week, trailing well behind surviving, watching Game of Thrones and moaning.

Take your time with game of thrones. There’s another year before the next season is out :cry:

<Tommy>

I girl I work with watched the whole lot over the period of a week at Christmas :eek: . When you stop and work out how many hours a day that is it’s pretty mental.

I’ve tried watching them again but we didn’t manage to get past season 2 before life took over. Definitley a good one for the sick bed though.

Reactions: Add
Top Bottom