Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Jimmy, you’re Pro2, I’m Elite1. It’s about time you started to demonstrate your cycling status.. :bravo:

I meant I’m Active 1.. ideas above my station..

keithaitch

Veteran
I'm wondering if I should be going for discs and di2 or just a basic one without which would surely be lighter and cost a lot less.
Well done you for winning your age category. I did that once too, in a 24 hour race when I hit 50 :biggrin:. Your Sportive next weekend looks amazing. I wish I was joining you and at the same time I'm glad I'm not.
I'd push the boat out all the way and get both. Disc are only slightly heavier and if you ever upgraded to carbon wheels you wouldn't suffer a lose of braking capability over aluminum rims. Di2 is a no brainer, I don't know anybody who had it who would ever go back to manual shifting. I have both, and noticed on Wednesday's ride with the manual shifters how much harder it was to shift in general, but especially up into the big ring, with sweaty hands. At the end of Sunday's ride, dripping sweat the mouse click required to change was wonderful.
I'll let you know how next weekend goes, 4500 have entered but I think only 15% will be doing the XXL and hopefully not many strong very old people!

I'll be there but it will be my first test of pushing the hamstring and may have to drop out.

Top Bottom