Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just rode the Northern Ireland 9 : Glengesh Pass you set up for #3 Feb. My god, that 18% bit sucked the life out of my aging body after my 2-3 week absence from the trainer. Right after I hit the last couple miles and I was feeling like I was going to get a great final run in the damn intertubes crapped out and left me fumbling at the laptop to try and get it back. No dice and it shot my rhythm/time to pieces. Will try to rerun it again, but as tomorrow is the next race may have to let it stand. Are you folks going to do a group ride tomorrow (Saturday)?

shimceltic

Veteran
Just rode the Northern Ireland 9 : Glengesh Pass you set up for #3 Feb. My god, that 18% bit sucked the life out of my aging body after my 2-3 week absence from the trainer. Right after I hit the last couple miles and I was feeling like I was going to get a great final run in the damn intertubes crapped out and left me fumbling at the laptop to try and get it back. No dice and it shot my rhythm/time to pieces. Will try to rerun it again, but as tomorrow is the next race may have to let it stand. Are you folks going to do a group ride tomorrow (Saturday)?
The downhill should be replayed tomorrow... I'm actually gonna cycle outside hopefully....

AndyMacca

If i cant for some reason get outside tomorrow then I'll be up for the 5pm re-run. From the chat on Thursday it was a fast descent so always better in a group.

Warmup starts in 54 minutes. Be there or be square...
1614442145308.png
= Berlin...working out of town.. Its bad enough to see all of the dudes in the UK outside in spring weather but worse not to defend my 6 second lead over @BILL S

shimceltic

Veteran
Who should I search for?
Brusgaard

Silly question but you made sure you changed the search to person?
Indeed I did, and it has worked in the past just fine, not sure why it was returning no results. However, I have to throw some bigger gears on the bike, spun out at 115 RPM and could have used a bunch more ratio.

Note to self, I have seen the error of my ways. I use real Campy ratios, tops out at 53 in the front. Shimano seems to offer a bit more giddy up with some bigger choices over there. Think I will try a reconfigure from my Colorado bike setup (lots and lots of climbing, and lard powered descents).

Last edited:

AndyMacca

It was over before it even started... Note to self: Do not start pedalling too early! :banghead:
I *Just* managed to get my vector pedals zeroed in the last part of the last second, thought I was going to get stuck on the start again too. Rolled down with @Wentworth and @BILL S, we seemed to catch @AAAC 76C napping as the three of us zoomed past till later when @AAAC 76C came zooming up and we had a very close finish all on the same time! Sorry for drafting so much @Wentworth I noticed whether I did 100w or 300w I was just sitting behind you, I needed to smash it to 600w to actually add any value and naturally that wasn't sustainable :wacko:
Should be a replay here some time soon:

View: https://youtu.be/_s242O-TQKA

Top Bottom