Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the 110 RPM downhill info, guess I will just suck it up on those downhill rides. No sign of a scheduled Feb league for you all yet in ye Olde BKOOL web site. Due to ongoing frustrations with the platform I've actually looked up to see who is in charge of tech at their Co. so I can suggest a few things (most of which I can't print here). They seem to have some really serious database issues that may stem from a flawed migration or poor ETL process late last year. Hanging on to see if they square some of this away, but thinking of looking at other platforms.

If any of you are in North America next fall and the C-19 threat has subsided and you enjoy watching a crazy UCI race I'm considering heading up to Canada for this lovely event in Montreal. The food in the city is great, and lots of fun stuff to do around the area.

https://gpcqm.ca/en/grand-prix-cycliste-montreal/

shimceltic

Veteran
Thanks for the 110 RPM downhill info, guess I will just suck it up on those downhill rides. No sign of a scheduled Feb league for you all yet in ye Olde BKOOL web site. Due to ongoing frustrations with the platform I've actually looked up to see who is in charge of tech at their Co. so I can suggest a few things (most of which I can't print here). They seem to have some really serious database issues that may stem from a flawed migration or poor ETL process late last year. Hanging on to see if they square some of this away, but thinking of looking at other platforms.
The February league should be go go go as our main man @Brusgaard has got a work around to set it up. Hopefully we can all get on it!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Ok I know this is the indoor stupidity zone on this forum, of which I am a proud member :laugh:, but I've got to ask this.

Have any of you got or seen the Tyre Glider?

As far as it goes I believe it is a 15 out of 10 device. Less than a minute to remove and install a cold tyre to a rim. A few minutes after receiving it.

Wow is the best descriptions I can give.

I'll be cross posting to the Zwifters thread and have already posted in the tools and maintenance sub-forum

Attachments

• 20220122_130007.jpg
    20220122_130007.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
Ok I know this is the indoor stupidity zone on this forum, of which I am a proud member :laugh:, but I've got to ask this.

Have any of you got or seen the Tyre Glider?

As far as it goes I believe it is a 15 out of 10 device. Less than a minute to remove and install a cold tyre to a rim. A few minutes after receiving it.

Wow is the best descriptions I can give.

I'll be cross posting to the Zwifters thread and have already posted in the tools and maintenance sub-forum
I use continental Gatorskins and they are always extremely tight. I bought this for use at home but haven't needed to try it yet. Ill buy the one you're recommending to carry on my tours. That is if they sell them with the proper spelling of tire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-053252.png
    Screenshot_20220122-053252.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 3

shimceltic

Veteran
I thought me and you could have got a littlkhrw breakaway but it wasn't to be. The 2 winners who went off with a few km to go seemed to maybe be too strong for the group.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Well in @shimceltic and @Brusgaard on the flemish ride on the alternative platform.
Nah, should have known not to do a race arranged by Keith. :smile: 400m+ of 3-7% climbing after just 280m dropped about 2/3 of the riders, and I see only 2/3 of the signups actually finished the race,.
Last week I dropped out too, as it also had a climb right at the start which dropped most riders. I will do something else next Saturday for sure as these starts are not for the weaker/heavier riders. :sad:

shimceltic

Veteran
Nah, should have known not to do a race arranged by Keith. :smile: 400m+ of 3-7% climbing after just 280m dropped about 2/3 of the riders, and I see only 2/3 of the signups actually finished the race,.
Last week I dropped out too, as it also had a climb right at the start which dropped most riders. I will do something else next Saturday for sure as these starts are not for the weaker/heavier riders. :sad:
Hasn't been like that for others I've done. Check the details next week, it may be flatter

Barbes66

Über Member
Last week was a bit brutal with 3* Paterberg. It's a shame you were just off on the early climb @Brusgaard as I'm sure you'd have been strong in the bunch thereafter. I'm pretty sure one of the two who flew off the front in the last 2km today was booted by Keith a couple of weeks ago for being way in excess of 3.2. Other than them I thought there wasn't a lot between the rest of the front.

Barbes66

Über Member
I thought me and you could have got a littlkhrw breakaway but it wasn't to be. The 2 winners who went off with a few km to go seemed to maybe be too strong for the group.
Yeah we had about 15m at one point @shimceltic . But it's hard to get away with 6 or 7 chasers. On RGT it seems harder to hold off and also catch back onto a bunch.

Top Bottom