Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickB

professional procrastinator
Just did stage 1 in the chaingang which is the first ride in 3 weeks, and I knew it.

No more slouching and eating bad food!:hungry:
Nice one Nutty - tight finish to that one isnt it! :okay:

Just finished it myself - really good stage IMHO. Never gets above 4% for the first 25km, until the last 5k where it shoots up averaging between 9-11% for long sections.:surrender:

Sort of like a mini Tour de France mountain stage! Drafting session on the flats, then the goats take off up the mountain breaking up the peleton! :bicycle::heat: Really looking forward to how this one pans out on Thursday!

Paul-T

Formerly Nutty
Nice one Nutty - tight finish to that one isnt it! :okay:

Just finished it myself - really good stage IMHO. Never gets above 4% for the first 25km, until the last 5k where it shoots up averaging between 9-11% for long sections.:surrender:

Sort of like a mini Tour de France mountain stage! Drafting session on the flats, then the goats take off up the mountain breaking up the peleton! :bicycle::heat: Really looking forward to how this one pans out on Thursday!

Its good but as you said the last 5k is tough. My legs were like lead and lungs on fire. Hopefully by Thursday I will have some of my momentum building back up again but I know I will be lots of minutes behind you and Bill and probably everyone else on Thursday :notworthy:

Alfonzo

Just wanted to say thanks to Bill and Rick for mountain goat league and chaingang league, unfortunately
because of unforeseen circumstances I couldn`t do all the stages but well done to everyone who took
part. :bravo:

Baldo Mero

I suggest that everyone struggling with non-bkool trainers on the down-hills complain to Bkool support and refuse to be fobbed off, they need to understand how many people for whom this is a serious problem, as I am sure it is not too hard to fix if they put their minds to it.

I have another idea, why don't we non Bkool-owners try to do an attempt to the group rides pairing the trainers as power meter devices? Theoretically the tacx trainers should behave like fluid trainers increasing the resistance as we push harder, and I have checked that if you don't pair the trainer through ANT-FE-C then Bkoool software gives you the desired virtual push on downhills. So I believe that it could allow us to push as hard as we want on ups and get decent speeds on downs, wouldn't we?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
2 more re-do remain. I did Chapel Fell an Hardknott Pass tonight, both PB'd and under double :heat: . Now I am shot.

Will try to do The Stang and Cheddar Gorge tomorrow. That should, as long as I continue the improvements, allow me to do the chaingang on thurs :whistle::blink::huh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Damn...... ride one of Chaingang took @RickB almost an hour :wacko: Looks like the Mooses have a bit of a challenge with this one :laugh:^_^:tongue: I'm hoping to have a go on Wednesday so you Thursday chaps will have a target to aim at :surrender:

kipster

Guru
The
Damn...... ride one of Chaingang took @RickB almost an hour :wacko: Looks like the Mooses have a bit of a challenge with this one :laugh:^_^:tongue: I'm hoping to have a go on Wednesday so you Thursday chaps will have a target to aim at :surrender:

The first 40 minutes look flattish so plenty of opportunity to group up and share the work, then a 20 ish minute climb (for Rick) for the finish line.

RickB

professional procrastinator

The first 40 minutes look flattish so plenty of opportunity to group up and share the work, then a 20 ish minute climb (for Rick) for the finish line.
Just take it steady for the first 40 as Kip says. Bit of teamwork required. I can't lie, the final climb is tough, but it is shorter than some of the mountains you've done in the Mooses. My wife spent 90 minutes doing a moose stage the other evening and then I realised it's also a goat stage!

I think it's a really different type of stage to the norm so looking forward to how it pans out. May actually be the hardest stage of the league!!

BILL S

Guru
Well done Bill. It looks like your late blast up Skenes Road yestereday well and truly scuppered my equally late bid for 2nd spot.
Thanks Al. League still seems to be active strangely enough. I know you're good for two fast stages in an evening so I half expected to see myself back in third place again tonight. You took some of the stages easy so if you go all out in the next league I'll be coming in somewhere behind you.

Thanks Al. League still seems to be active strangely enough. I know you're good for two fast stages in an evening so I half expected to see myself back in third place again tonight. You took some of the stages easy so if you go all out in the next league I'll be coming in somewhere behind you.
Bill if it is still active and it isn't too much of a problem can you add my non league Emigraion ride to the 2 minute ride i did. Thanks again.

BILL S

Guru
Bill if it is still active and it isn't too much of a problem can you add my non league Emigraion ride to the 2 minute ride i did. Thanks again.

Woops sorry Randy I think I deleted your two minute ride yesterday or day before. I didn't know it was for a dummy ride to get a time on your non league ride.
If you can do a short dummy ride again and post here your time for the non league ride I'll be happy to try and get it into the results before the league closes.

Woops sorry Randy I think I deleted your two minute ride yesterday or day before. I didn't know it was for a dummy ride to get a time on your non league ride.
If you can do a short dummy ride again and post here your time for the non league ride I'll be happy to try and get it into the results before the league closes.
Yeah. I meant to let you know but I thought I missed the deadline. It won't change the standings and it is completing the rides themselves that matter. I'll try to get ahead of them next month. Thanks again for setting these up. Also with out having it listed under the league there may be a tiny grain of doubt in LB's mind that I may have beat him on that one too.

Baigu

Regular
Just did Stage one of Chaingang. Really enjoyed it, but the sad fact that my Tacx Vortex can't simulate anything higher than 7% gave me an advantage on the hill. I tried not to push to give myself a more realistic time but I still feel like I cheated! I was battling with Will for a good chunk of the stage. Feel free to adjust my time accordingly if needed!

Top Bottom