Tell me about your avatar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I had always assumed it was you, planting you firmly in the nobber category. I will have to review the situation.....
Did you think I regularly went about with a beard drawn on with marker pen and my underpants on my head? I can see why you thought I was a nobber.

Sean Connery in a red nappy thing

edit - zoltan, zirdar, or soemthing like that?
That's the one. Zardoz. For those what haven't seen it here's Connery:

zardoz-sean-connery.jpg

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
DSC01600-1.jpg

Neuva Palmira Uruguay. Visited there around 2007...the place ( towns away from Montevideo) is awash with old old cars. This was a circa 1931 Chevrolet pickup, still in use. The Uruguayan flag on the doors was just so eye catching.
Also saw a circa 1910 motorcar, like a motor carriage driving along, with the old style large spoked wheels and fold back roof like something out of the old Laurel and Hardy movies. It was a time capsule there.

Katherine

Guru
36653.jpg

This is a photo that I took in my garden of a favourite rose. When I first joined Cycle Chat I used a picture of the bike I was riding at the time, but this is more individual. I have changed my avatar at Christmas and a pie with pi on it after Vernon died.

It would be a nice feature to have the option to save previous avatar pictures in your profile information, so it would be eassier to change back after a tempory change.

Lonestar

Veteran
My Dawes 2006 bike.Still in existence but very rarely used.It's one of three backups and would be used on longer rides.Only used on commutes if the two fixies are unavailable.

In order for commutes generally....

Charge Plug 2013 (fixie)
Charge Plug 2010 (fixie)
Dawes Audax 2006
Brompton (2014)

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
I can just about cope with a change every now and then..
I had some correspondence regarding a German cruise ship flying the flag in your avatar on a visit to my local area. It was a slow day so I wrote to the shipping company asking why they were flying the flag of a Canadian province in a UK port. They replied to say their Officer of the Flags had seen Scotia on the label of the flag doocot and assumed it was the Scottish flag:rolleyes:. On a previous visit the same ship had been flying an inverted Union flag, I'm not sure which was the greater sin^_^.
My avatar is an Isolated Danger buoy marking the wreck of HMS Natal, a British armoured cruiser which sank following a mysterious explosion around 100 years ago. My home is in the background, I think:smile:

Top Bottom