Tern bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
There's some truth in the amount of folding that a bike is subjected to. Some folders are designed to be folded for storage, but aren't expected to go through a hard life.

When I first got my Brompton, my journey went like this...

Fold one/five:
Take Brompton out of garage and put in back of car. It was normally folded from the night before, if not, fold it here. Drive daughter to childminder. Park car near station.

Unfold one:
Take bike out of car, ride to station.

Fold two:
Fold bike up to put on train.

Unfold two:
Take bike off train. Unfold it, and ride to work.

Fold three:
Arrive at work, fold bike up, take up to office.

Unfold three:
Take bike from office, unfold and ride to station.

Fold four:
Arrive at station, fold bike up for return train journey.

Unfold four:
Take bike off train. unfold it, ride to car.

Fold five/one:
Fold bike up to put in car.

Then drive home and remove from car to store in garage overnight.

That's at least four full fold/unfolds per each work day. I'm sure other people with multi-modal methods of commuting have similar stories.

It's better now as I don't have to drop my daughter off in the mornings, so can ride to the station, and I have a bike space at work. So it only gets folded to go on the train once and the start of the day and once at the end. But they go through some abuse.

Army of One

Thanks for the input. The staff at the now closed Crawley branch appeared to be very knowledgeable as I watched them speak to others. Confident in what the spoke about. That is why I bought what I did. In the nearly 4 years I had it I can say the amount of times it was folded didn't touch double figures. They have been helpful so far at the Gatwick branch and the chap I'm dealing with knows the chap who sold it to me. I only bought a folder as when the Gatwick express changed hands new company enforced the no non folding bikes in the late afternoon early evening rule even when trains where nowhere near full, hence hardly ever folding it.

Oldboots091

Tern P24H fits my requirements perfectly.
Tern-3.jpg
IMG-20180817-WA0005.jpg

Top Bottom