That time of the year is coming fast!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
And by that , I mean winter is on its way and the weather is deteriorating so are your cycling outings slowing down? Mine are, I don't go out cycling as much now and pick my days more carefully due to bad weather and less daylight hours as I won't cycle in the dark.
In a few weeks time, I guess I will be lucky to cycle once a week or even once a month.
Oh well, that's life. Let's enjoy what winter will bring and maybe do some static cycling in front of a video.

Smudge

Veteran
I only rarely cycle in the dark and dont cycle in the rain, wind or ice. But i'm more likely to ride in the cold than i am in the heat of summer.
So it probably evens out to the same all year round.

Slick

Guru
Nothing slowed yet but this is the first winter I'm planning on boxing a bit clever. Not for me, as I genuinely enjoy the challenge winter brings but I'm not losing another chain set to salt like I did last year.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Get a few windy days, the trails will dry up and it's good for night rides. Nothing like riding off road at night !!!
I don’t have a MTB at the moment but have had a few close calls with deer on night rides. They’re very unpredictable when they’re scared!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
got the cree solarstrom light on now , pitch black for my commute in now and given the forecast of a frost for the morning the autumn gear has been laid out ready.
Last 2 sunday rides were cancelled i ride in most weather for the commute but i dont do cold and soaked for fun .

Last edited:

Skanker

I don’t change amount of riding, just change bike and get my waterproofs on. Been splashing through all the puddles on the way home and it’s always dark when I ride home from work.
Hoping for some snow this year so I can build another 2 wheel drive ebike and go out playing silly bugger on it!

The only conditions I won`t ride in are icy and extreme gusty winds. I don`t cycle in the dark either as I have no need to. If it is cold I just layer up more or really cold just shorten the ride before my feet go numb. As has been said countless times before, there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

lane

Veteran
Looking at my statistics for the past few years it's really marked that the majority of my cycling is between May and September. That's crap it really means I am missing out 7 months of the year. I think I need to set a target for KMs ridden Nov to March or even Oct to April.

Top Bottom