The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Thank you. We really should celebrate as my knees have just about made it.
I won’t be in next year’s challenge as I’m going for pre-op assessment in a couple of weeks and hoping to have a date for surgery for simultaneous bilateral knee replacements in the new year 😱
Ooph simultaneous, I didn't think they did them both together anymore. I had a TKR on my right in 2008, the guy in the opposite bed had had both done at once. Never been fitter and trying to preserve mine as long as possible now. I started cycling in 2014. Good luck with it all. It will be worth it. Massive congrats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
No 15 over the line Well done @dickyknees
Thank you. We really should celebrate as my knees have just about made it.
I won’t be in next year’s challenge as I’m going for pre-op assessment in a couple of weeks and hoping to have a date for surgery for simultaneous bilateral knee replacements in the new year 😱
Good luck with the operation ,place reserved for 2021:okay:

steverob

Guru
Have posted another possible solution in the Signature Issue thread linked above - however it may end up being overtaken if it turns out Shaun can actually fix it in the back end. It might be a good workaround for someone for now anyway.

Domus

Guru
This challenge is getting addictive, chasing 100 points so out this morning to visit mum but added a loop through Tockholes and Riley Green. Got home as the light was going and the temperature was dropping with 83.6 Kms and two more points. The wind got stronger as the day went on and the A6 was a headwind all the way from Heath Charnock to Walkden. :wacko:

Hopefully out with the Chorlton Wanderers on Sunday............It may be possible. 👍

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Went out for a ride last night, thought "that's the challenge in the bag"....turns out 30.45 miles isn't 50kms....

DO'H!

Got a nice pic tho

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Got my final ride of the year in today (52km). Fortunately, I did November's ride on the 3rd, unfortunately I sprained my wrist a couple of days after. All healed up now and December's ride in the bag. Not been on the bike in the real world (the odd Zwift session where I could 'ride' one-handed) since spraining my wrist and my goodness I knew about it today. Fitness has suffered. Got round though in the end which is what counts.

Top Bottom