The bright idea thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
My other great idea is to outlaw fitting of "pull" type door handles on doors that are "push"
Ban all automatic doors. That way you don't have people moaning standard push-pull doors that refuse to open, after they've hit them for the third time, despite being clearly marked Push/Pull as required.

Last edited:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of inventing an anti-gravity device. I think it would be very useful and that I'd make a mint.

Tin Pot

Guru
too late i made one in the garage last night.You wear it around your waist it keeps a beer belly from sagging,well nearly.i am going to call it A BELT.catchy don't you think.Going to try and sell some to male England supporters

Bellies I don’t mind, it’s the hairy other side on display at pubs, restaurants, primary school pick up times, you name it, that disgusts me.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had two ideas:

1. Body-less body warmers. I find when I'm cold, my arms are usuallt colder than my trunk. So I wanted to invent a sort of coat that only covered your arms and hands. Joined maybe with a piece of elastic material around the back.

2. An ironing machine. It would look like a man (or woman) and would come in different sizes. So basically a mannequin. But all the body parts would be inflatable and would have heating elements on the heat proof covering. You'd simply dress the machine in the clothes you wanted ironed, press a button and the limbs and trunk would inflate and heat up. Possibly emit bursts of steam. You could straighten out any big folds by hand, but the machine would lightly stretch the fabrics out until creases have gone. probably not good for wool.

Tin Pot

Guru
Oh, I don't think I've grasped this thread very well
Nah, you’ve got it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I had two ideas:

2. An ironing machine. It would look like a man (or woman) and would come in different sizes. So basically a mannequin. But all the body parts would be inflatable and would have heating elements on the heat proof covering. You'd simply dress the machine in the clothes you wanted ironed, press a button and the limbs and trunk would inflate and heat up. Possibly emit bursts of steam. You could straighten out any big folds by hand, but the machine would lightly stretch the fabrics out until creases have gone. probably not good for wool.
Far too complex. All you need is a hot steamy bathroom for the shirts and a Corby trouser press. Job done.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
[QUOTE 5310345, member: 45"]Councillors are terrified of increasing council tax, as it's a vote issue. It took 15 years in Birmingham to get wheelie bins, because of the fear of losing votes.[/QUOTE]
If that's the case, why is our council tax going up by about 5% every year?

Top Bottom