The CC authors, writers, and bookists thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Never an easy task but workmanlike thrillers can be crafted with the right ingredients. You need a good hook to open with and a reason to turn the page. Good luck.

Way ahead of you. Got a treat in store for the first page and subsequent chapter.

I'm planning to start work over the weekend and will take up the kind offer of @DCBassman to proof read and critique, see how it goes.

I've also got my pen name sorted out. Don't want to give it away yet, but its Scottish sounding and manly at the same time - not an easy task! :laugh:

PS, thanks to those that have pm'd be and bared their souls with advice and encouragement. It really is appreciated.

Last edited:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I've also got my pen name sorted out. Don't want to give it away yet, but its Scottish sounding and manly at the same time - not an easy task! :laugh:

Butch McSpreadder ?

Gunk

Guru
I think we should all have a go at writing the opening paragraph, best attempt wins a Twix

classic33

Leg End Member
I think we should all have a go at writing the opening paragraph, best attempt wins a Twix
"There was a knock at the door. There was no-one expected at that time of night, by any of the residents within. Suspicion fell upon on the young lady the second floor, who had frequent visitors. However this time, their suspicions were not correct."

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Even though it was over a decade ago, I can still remember every detail, every sound, every smell, the first and only time I met Jimmy the shoe. The boozer stunk, I mean really stunk, weed and stale beer. The floorboards creaked as I walked across to where he sat, my feet sticking at every step, it was a s***hole, perfect for someone like Jimmy.

"Jimmy," I said, "I'm Kurt Dirk and I hear you're looking for me?"

His two goons jumped up and that is when all hell broke loose.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It was a dark night. In the distance and owl hooted. Kurt Dirk pushed his American Optical aviators back up to the bridge of his nose, and fondled the warm oily surface of the Sig P226 Blackwater in the Umarex cordura holster on his right hip. The message had an urgent edge as Commander McTexas had delivered the order over the phone, and Dirk had immediately gunned the cedar green Ineos Grenadier Fieldmaster 3.0 diesel along the desert trail to the RVP.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
It was a quiet, crisp morning, just a very light frost and a beautiful clear blue sky. All of sudden the silence was broken by sound of screaming American V8, a deep angry sound that only came from a 427 Ford V8 engine.

Behind the wheel of his 1971 Boss Mustang was Darren Savage, part time bouncer and debt collector. It was very early for Darren to be up and about, but this job was different, special, unusual. Darren was focussed, in the zone, this was a job like no other……

Top Bottom