The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Obvious bias aside, I still don't see that as a red. I can see why it's been given, but it's the kind of thing that goes on.

Whatever. It means that Rangers' season isn't finished and the game everyone wanted to see against Aberdeen can happen.

Hooray.

An elbow to the face off the ball and what choice does the ref have?

pjd57

Veteran
*For those not in the know, that's Celtic trashing our stadium (which is nothing new, but still), and a referee handing a cup replay to Rangers.

Even your clubs statement didn't say that the place had been trashed. Some media outlets used the word vandalised.
But Kilmarnock simply said they had been " damaged".

90th minute winner, fans all over the place, cheap plastic seats break .
Photos I've seen it looked like a couple of dozen at most.
Kilmarnock said 100+.
They're probably billing Celtic for the dozens that have been loose or faulty for years now.

AndyRM

XOXO
Even your clubs statement didn't say that the place had been trashed. Some media outlets used the word vandalised.
But Kilmarnock simply said they had been " damaged".

90th minute winner, fans all over the place, cheap plastic seats break .
Photos I've seen it looked like a couple of dozen at most.
Kilmarnock said 100+.
They're probably billing Celtic for the dozens that have been loose or faulty for years now.

The statement was carefully worded for a reason.

Not that it will mean anything in the long run.

pjd57

Veteran
The statement was carefully worded for a reason.

Not that it will mean anything in the long run.
The reason being it wasn't going to speculate or do what the media do and just make it up to suit that weeks agenda.

I always enjoy a visit to Kilmarnock.
I really hope they rip that pitch up though.

AndyRM

XOXO
The reason being it wasn't going to speculate or do what the media do and just make it up to suit that weeks agenda.

I always enjoy a visit to Kilmarnock.
I really hope they rip that pitch up though.

The pitch is staying for at least another season. It's funny how it wasn't a particular issue when we were getting hammered on it, but now that we're decent it is the root of all evil.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
giphy.gif

I'm shocked at the utter brutality.

MarkF

Guru
I am with Andy on this, it's normal for hassled keepers to try to get their arms back to where they should be..raised. Joke decision for me.

My parents are Irish Catholics, naturally l support Celtic as my other team. In December on the Gallowgate l took my son in a couple of Celtic bars, we stayed minutes, it was beyond the pale for me. I am sure similar songs are sung in Rangers bars, but it was just so depressing. Scotland has a serious reality problem

AndyRM

XOXO
I am with Andy on this, it's normal for hassled keepers to try to get their arms back to where they should be..raised. Joke decision for me.

My parents are Irish Catholics, naturally l support Celtic as my other team. In December on the Gallowgate l took my son in a couple of Celtic bars, we stayed minutes, it was beyond the pale for me. I am sure similar songs are sung in Rangers bars, but it was just so depressing. Scotland has a serious reality problem

It really does. What's thoroughly depressing about the sectarianism at both clubs is that it's just accepted, with the authorities doing nowt and the clubs making lame statements of condemnation without any real action.

Anyway, Bachmann's red has been rightly rescinded. Which is good because much as I appreciate Jamie MacDonald, he doesn't command his box nearly enough and we will need that against Livingston's giants tomorrow.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Which is good because much as I appreciate Jamie MacDonald, he doesn't command his box nearly enough and we will need that against Livingston's giants tomorrow.

Not very good at dealing with weak long range "shots" in cup finals either. :cursing:

Top Bottom