The great Strava moving time Con

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Strava is ace.

That is all.

Yeah....until a certain N Moggy keeps beating your times up all the hills in the Peak District :rolleyes:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I must be in the minority that enjoys segments. They're just a bit of fun, that you can challenge yourself on.

I like to create longer TT style ones though. That separates out the short blast segment hunters that hit various individual climbs out on different rides, as the longer segment shows.

Never understood the disdain some people have for Strava. Why get wound up, if you're not interested in it?
It's not disdain. Some cyclists get so focused on beating Strava times that they forget about the basics. Like safety. That winds people up, understandably in my opinion.

classic33

Leg End Member
How accurate are the records
How.jpg

How 2.jpg

Just above where the two lines meet, there's a segment?
How4.jpg

Through a graveyard!
To the top right of the crossroads
How 3.jpg

J1888

Über Member
I like it to track how many miles I've cycled each week, month, year etc.

I don't really give a stuff about segments.

classic33

Leg End Member
The one that starts in one field, ending in another, is the one that doesn't make sense. It's a 40° slope on ankle twisting ground.

The KOM's are safe on the road running up the pictures. It's used in the Tour of Ireland and a few other races.

bpsmith

Veteran
It's not disdain. Some cyclists get so focused on beating Strava times that they forget about the basics. Like safety. That winds people up, understandably in my opinion.
That's fair enough. I agree on that point. Some of those cyclists not on Strava are like that too.

What I can't agree on is tarring everyone with the same brush. Some people talk about Strava like everyone on there rides dangerously.

mustang1

Guru
I give elapsed time more precedence than moving time because it takes into account the traffic conditions.

Top Bottom