The great Strava moving time Con

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
So from now on, cycle chat should no longer deal with "first world" problems?

OK, guys, that's a wrap. @Shaun, you can shutter the site now.

Edit: and I think it may be time stop using first etc world. Show me a country that people aren't bitching about strava segments and I'll show you a country strava hasn't rolled out to yet.
Greenland, Suriname, Paua New Guinea, Myanmar, Yemen

Slick

Guru
Greenland, Suriname, Paua New Guinea, Myanmar, Yemen
Don't tell me you can't get Strava in Yemen, no wonder there a bloody war on.

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#9/-432.36005/18.51972/blue/bike

I can't see a country that doesn't have some strava usage. And where there is strava usage, there is bitching about segments.

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 19.56.58.jpg

Con

Über Member
On about strava segment and how stupid they are I did one in halmer end to the gresley arms pub at the top of the bank called surprisingly the Gresley climb. Stupid me assumed that the segment ended at the pub where I stopped for a very nice pint only to find out it didn't end at the pub but 50 metres past it so it now says I did 0.4 miles in 40 minutes 35 seconds with an average speed of 0.7 mph the funny thing is I wasn't even the slowest someone took 1hr 12 minutes he must of had the same idea.

classic33

Leg End Member
I want to know who set the segment on my street. It's less than 75 yards, and accessible from one end only.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
I must be in the minority that enjoys segments. They're just a bit of fun, that you can challenge yourself on.

I like to create longer TT style ones though. That separates out the short blast segment hunters that hit various individual climbs out on different rides, as the longer segment shows.

Never understood the disdain some people have for Strava. Why get wound up, if you're not interested in it?

Con

Über Member
I must be in the minority that enjoys segments. They're just a bit of fun, that you can challenge yourself on.

I like to create longer TT style ones though. That separates out the short blast segment hunters that hit various individual climbs out on different rides, as the longer segment shows.

Never understood the disdain some people have for Strava. Why get wound up, if you're not interested in it?
I enjoy them as well especially the names that people come up with for some of them. (There's one a few miles away from me called dodge the smack head and trust me you really do ) but I don't take it too seriously it's just a bit of fun the only time I've got into the top 50 was when a got chased by a very nasty looking dog and was riding for my life.

bpsmith

Veteran
I enjoy them as well especially the names that people come up with for some of them. (There's one a few miles away from me called dodge the smack head and trust me you really do ) but I don't take it too seriously it's just a bit of fun the only time I've got into the top 50 was when a got chased by a very nasty looking dog and was riding for my life.
Some cracking names out there. Seen a couple of areas where people have created 3 in a row, to make you laugh at the combined names.

Was going to add some in between, but couldn't come up with anything better. Lol

Top Bottom