The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Big thanks to @Lilliburlero and @13 rider dragging me around. Christmas day the youngest had a heavy cold, last few days it has knocked our lass off her feet so today it is my turn.

I felt under the weather when I set off but by the time I got home the diagnosis is that I am now on stage 1 of man flu. Hanbury Hill didn't help, if that had gone on a few feet more I would have chucked up.

Note to self, next time you feel crap, don't go riding all day :rolleyes:

Finished on 108 miles at exactly 15.00mph average.

Once again cheers @13 rider and @Lilliburlero

Apologies to @tallliman and @Chris Doyle if I was even less sociable than I normally am, but I was ready to lay down and go to sleep by the time we got to the cafe.

Big thanks to @Lilliburlero and @13 rider dragging me around. Christmas day the youngest had a heavy cold, last few days it has knocked our lass off her feet so today it is my turn.

I felt under the weather when I set off but by the time I got home the diagnosis is that I am now on stage 1 of man flu. Hanbury Hill didn't help, if that had gone on a few feet more I would have chucked up.

Note to self, next time you feel crap, don't go riding all day :rolleyes:

Finished on 108 miles at exactly 15.00mph average.

Once again cheers @13 rider and @Lilliburlero

Apologies to @tallliman and @Chris Doyle if I was even less sociable than I normally am, but I was ready to lay down and go to sleep by the time we got to the cafe.

Don't worry, I wasn't exactly 100% myself!!

Trickedem

Guru
Well, we’re underway for 2019. 108 miles in the company of my partners in crime @ianrauk and @Trickedem .

A new route for us, probably a few too many hills for a January ride, however the views from the top of the Ashdown Forest made up for it. And Toys Hill, with its 21% kick at the end is always good fun when you have 90 miles in your legs.

Mojo present and accounted for.
Thanks @rb58 and @ianrauk for a great ride. Hilly and chilly and here is that view
IMG_20190102_141643098.jpg

I managed to open my account for this year, today. 103 miles up to Woking and back. I put a hilly bit into the return leg. That was fun stupid. I did try the Wetherspoons at Woking, it was very handy.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I really had put my bike in the garage for a rest, but today was perfect so out it came again.

Having joined Audax last month specifically to aim for the Super Randonneur award, it has to be admitted that success in that venture is extremely unlikely. This doesn't make it a bad thing to aim for, but perhaps going for RRtY as well gives me a more realistic chance of coming away with something.

With that in mind, today's ride was 126.1 miles, and a bona fide DIY by GPS Audax. A Severn Bridge/Abergavenny/Pontrilas/Tewkesbury circuit, with hundreds of cyclists enjoying the calm conditions around Abergavenny. I've never ridden anything like that far in January before, and without the Audax element I would certainly have cut it a bit shorter. If I can manage the next 10, which ought to be possible, then I'm sure I find a way in December come what may. So it's all but in the bag, isn't it? :laugh:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
85 down, 35 to go.....to the GRU's favourite holiday destination, Salisbury, and back. Rather less nippy than last week. Speed picked up a bit on the return leg thanks to the tailwind, but not as much as I'd have liked due (as on Boxing Day) a previously unheard of twinge in my left knee, which has been excruciating at times. Hopefully that will be a rare occurence.

Top Bottom