The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I was pleased to get mine done last Wednesday, very annoying that I'm not riding any of this weekend as parents here and of course the weather is perfect! Very glad I managed to fit in a second attempt that succeeded at a DIY ballbuster 200 audax. Light winds, although cloud struggled to lift can't really fault the conditions. My longest ride ever at 219km (136 miles) with 2413m climbing. Most chuffed that I did all the hills without too much bother, especially Somerset monument and Hartptree, I'd attempted same route previous Saturday, walked up to the monument and bailed half way round.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I`m out of this challenge folks and I pretty much knew it last month to be honest. Last years efforts have taken its toll an me both mentally and physically and I just want to get back to enjoying my cycling again. I`ll do a few this year with my club and CC rides, but not one per month.

Wishing everyone left in the challenge all the best and thanks for inspiring me to have a go at it last year, especially @Supersuperleeds and @13 rider :cheers:

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
April's in the bag. A jolly good jaunt to Hadleigh Park MTB park in Essex in the jolly company of @rb58 @frank9755 @topcat1 @Mista Preston @sagefly & @mark st1 .
Fantastic cycling weather. Warm, sunny and a great tailwind for the return.

FB_IMG_1555863402851.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I`m out of this challenge folks and I pretty much knew it last month to be honest. Last years efforts have taken its toll an me both mentally and physically and I just want to get back to enjoying my cycling again. I`ll do a few this year with my club and CC rides, but not one per month.

Wishing everyone left in the challenge all the best and thanks for inspiring me to have a go at it last year, especially @Supersuperleeds and @13 rider :cheers:
Sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed you'll be joining us again next year.

rb58

Enigma

Most important thing is to do the things that help get your mojo back so you enjoy your cycling again. Stupid challenges are secondary.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

I'm sorry to hear this as well.

If the pressure of the challenge is spoiling your general enjoyment of cycling though, I think you're making the right choice. That isn't what it's supposed to be doing.

Have fun and maybe you'll fancy another go at some point in the future.:thumbsup:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm sorry to hear this as well.

If the pressure of the challenge is spoiling your general enjoyment of cycling though, I think you're making the right choice. That isn't what it's supposed to be doing.

Have fun and maybe you'll fancy another go at some point in the future.:thumbsup:
+1. We (any of us who do long distances on a regular basis) have days that are a grind, or that start badly or finish badly, and my mileage has gone down considerably from its peak because, quite simply, I can't be bothered to go out and do a big ride, or two, every single weekend (time permitting) any more. I could have kept on doing 7,8, 9,000 miles a year, but....nope, don't feel the need or desire. It would have been a great weekend to knock out rather more than 70 or 80 miles (which I did do)...if I'd been inclined. It's supposed to be fun, and if it isn't (even in a 'that day sucked but I'm glad I did it' way), then don't do it. Hope you and the cycling mojo benefit from a period of convalesence & come back stronger.

Broadside

Guru
That’s April complete for me today. Earlier this month I fully expected to have to abandon the challenge because I had a nasty head on collision with a car which wrote my bike off and bashed me up pretty bad.

I borrowed a bike and managed to get my first big ride in for 6 weeks, very pleased to still be in the game!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got mine done today too :smile: Weather looked very favourable, so planned to do the Wolds Way, 144 miles & over 7000ft of climbing. Been hoping to do this for a few years, but over slept this morning & was away too late to take this on. My wife said she fancied a little ride today, so said if I did 80 miles, got home for 1, she'd ride the last 20 with me. By the time I got away from home there was no chance of 80 miles before 1, so ended up doing 64 miles solo, before meeting up, 22 very steady miles with SWMBO & then another 21 miles solo. Turned out to be quite an enjoyable day in the end & can rest easy now for a few weeks :okay:

Top Bottom