The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I always love the intense burst of activity you find here when the calendar ticks round to a new month!

I'm definitely not myself yet, but the vertigo has been gone for a few days so cycling is safe, at least. I plotted myself an elegant route which didn't take me too far from home. Starting north-easterly, 101.21 miles:

19Jun06m.JPG

No duplication apart from the cul-de-sac from which I usually start, and every junction point a perfect crossroads. It also barely took me over 200 feet which was no bad thing. It was also pretty much all I was capable of, but after a heavily interrupted schedule, and still only 9 rides of any description so far this year, that's hardly surprising. I'm craving a bit of continuity.

Broadside

Guru
I completed my June ride yesterday, a very flat almost direct route up to London, coffee over looking Tower Bridge and then back again.

Almost all my riding is in countryside so riding in London is not something I choose to do often. I have to say that London riding seems to get better each time I do it and even riding back out late morning it was notable how little traffic compared to previous London rides.

Richmond Park was awash with cyclists, so good to see. I’m not a regular in there either but the cars and cyclists do (on the face of it) seem to coexist ok.

Even though it was a flat ride I somehow messed up the nutrition, I just didn’t eat enough so it was a bit of an untidy finish for the last 10 miles grasping at my emergency stash of gels which I usually try to avoid!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm going to have to leave it to the last w/e of the month. And I'll have done no riding at all for about 6 weeks. Could be fun. Time to pick a downhill-all-the-way route.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Slightly late updating this thread: After poor weather and a pulled tendon I finally got my June century done on Friday. 112.04 miles to Lake Vyrnwy and back in some pretty pleasant conditions (although a bit more of a headwind than I was hoping for on the outward leg).

A pretty good way of spending the longest day.^_^

Ride report here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-5658735

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just posted this in the metric century thread by mistake. I've left it there because it now has replies. But I'm putting it in the right place too

June done. That was hot.

Chose my flattest regular route (Sort of South London to Gatwick, then East through Tonbridge and Yalding then up over the ridge to Sevenoaks.

Seems like 7 weeks off the bike hasn't actually changed my fitness, or lack of it, at all. Not noticeably slower or faster. Struggled a bit towards the end mainly due to the heat, but that's to be expected. And I always struggle towards the end of any ride no matter how long or short it is. It's what I do.

My post seems to have disappeared from the challenge thread. Maybe I deleted it by mistake or something. I'll need to re-do it which may take a bit of time

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I just posted this in the metric century thread by mistake. I've left it there because it now has replies. But I'm putting it in the right place too

June done. That was hot.

Chose my flattest regular route (Sort of South London to Gatwick, then East through Tonbridge and Yalding then up over the ridge to Sevenoaks.

Seems like 7 weeks off the bike hasn't actually changed my fitness, or lack of it, at all. Not noticeably slower or faster. Struggled a bit towards the end mainly due to the heat, but that's to be expected. And I always struggle towards the end of any ride no matter how long or short it is. It's what I do.

My post seems to have disappeared from the challenge thread. Maybe I deleted it by mistake or something. I'll need to re-do it which may take a bit of time
Well done that man. I'm not sure I'd've attempted it today even if it had been the last day of the month; if I did the route would've been built around my favourite water stop - I have something prepared in RwGPS.

Now that you mention a disappearing post, you remind me of something. A few weeks ago when there'd been a reactivation of either the Kajsa or the Amanda Coker thread, I looked through the most recent contributions and I seemed to have replied to a post of yours that no longer existed. I could see absolutely no reason for you wanting to delete it, so maybe there's something odd going on which might be worth reporting. I'll have a look for what I'm referring to if you wish.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

June done. That was hot.

The record shows you deleted it on 21st of May. If I'd seen this earlier it could have been reinstated rather than having to rewrite it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
First on the board this month it seems!.

Well done mate :okay: I was hoping to get out for mine on Monday, but had cramp through the night on Sunday & with strong breezes forecast I opted for a steady 60 instead. Hoping to get mine in at the weekend, FNRTtC York - Hull plus an extended ride home should see mine completed :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First on the board this month it seems! Yesterday I completed a ride which I planned a while back. It was a good one so even at this late stage I'll try and put something in Your ride today...

RRtY still on track with 127.64 miles, and I slept well.

Nice one.
A few of us in the challenge are riding on Sunday to bag July's.

13 rider

Guru
July's in the bag 105 miles out to the vale of Belvior collecting a few veloviewer squares . Thought I might struggle this month I'm off to Cornwall on Sat for 2 weeks . I did a Cornish ton last year and didn't fancy doing another the constant climbing of short steep hills rips your legs off . So was thinking about gambling and leaving until the last weekend . By spending last evening gardening I freed up a few hours this morning . Out the the at 5.15 back in it at 12.15 job done . Apart from the cafe being closed a great ride in lovely conditions back for it gets too warm

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hoping to get mine in at the weekend, FNRTtC York - Hull plus an extended ride home should see mine completed :smile:

As above, completed mine by about 11am this morning. Very enjoyable ride with the Friday's gang & company from @craigwend for the final 30 miles home which was much appreciated. Just up after a little 3 hour nana nap, gonna pay for it tomorrow I reckon :blush:

Top Bottom