The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
We want 10, we want 10 ,we want 10
Only when your ready @rb58 :okay:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Much as I think I could benefit as a cyclist from riding more frequently, I'm reasonably convinced that for me the best way to minimise time spent outdoors, whilst retaining fitness and sanity, is to carry on riding centuries at my normal frequency - 2 or 3 a month usually. Ordinarily that's the only cycling I do.

I've had a lot of fun over the last few weeks preparing routes in RwGPS which look interesting, stay local and don't duplicate. This is the one I did last Sunday, one of the most enjoyable I can remember, not least because of the peace and the unbroken blue sky:

The farthest point from my home was the junction at Defford, near Pershore, just under 16 miles away as the crow flies. This is an important junction as it enables the use of Eckington Bridge, the first ordinary road crossing of the Avon north of Tewkesbury, and if I couldn't allow myself to go that far route choice would be much reduced. For the time being I feel comfortable with taking 16 miles as the greatest permissible distance from home.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
April's done . I've been wrestling with my conscience wether to complete an imperial ton this month or not the heart finally won over my head . Just enough 100.3 miles did a 50km loop 3 times with a few added on bits to make the distance without returning home
Nice one. Glad to see you still in the game.

Tribansman

Veteran
April's done . I've been wrestling with my conscience wether to complete an imperial ton this month or not the heart finally won over my head . Just enough 100.3 miles did a 50km loop 3 times with a few added on bits to make the distance without returning home

Good job, glad you managed to squeeze it in. Ditto for me. Was a tough decision but tried to maximise social studying, including leaving the house at 5.30pm so it was extra quiet and not getting off the bike at all. 2x 50 mile loop that stayed within about 10 miles of home. Pleased to get it done.

I worked out a way to get April’s done, without going far ( more than about a couple of hours walk with a crocked bike )from home. But now any ambiguity about acceptable exercise duration has been ‘officially’ removed, it will make the rest of they year’s efforts more straightforward.

I worked out a way to get April’s done, without going far ( more than about a couple of hours walk with a crocked bike )from home. But now any ambiguity about acceptable exercise duration has been ‘officially’ removed, it will make the rest of they year’s efforts more straightforward.
I enacted a similar plan but I was thinking I should have waited :-/ I was still thinking that half way round but there was no one just out of town and town was busy so I stayed out :okay:

Tribansman

Veteran
May's in the bag, 150 scenic miles through the Chilterns and Buckinghamshire. Only carbuncle was Milton Keynes, bit tortuous to get a couple of missing velo viewer squares. Perfect conditions, still and not too hot. Ventured further from home, but took plenty of tools and lots of food.

Top Bottom