The motor vehicle questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Yes the indicator and sidelight is similar, but the Sierra never had sunken headlights like in the previous pic.
Sorry to mislead you, it's a kitcar

Gunk

Guru
Yes the indicator and sidelight is similar, but the Sierra never had sunken headlights like in the previous pic.

They did on on the mk 1 Sierra, those fog lights and indicators were used only on the XR4i and three door Cosworth, unfortunately they’re now like hens teeth.

Smudge

Veteran
They did on on mk 1 Sierra those fog lights and indicators were used only on the XR4i and three door Cosworth, unfortunately they’re now like hens teeth.

Yeah i know what you mean, but they weren't sunken on the top of the wing like in the pic.
But its was a kit car, which made it cryptic anyway.

D

Deleted member 26715

Yeah i know what you mean, but they weren't sunken on the top of the wing like in the pic.
But its was a kit car, which made it cryptic anyway.
Wasn't intended to be & the indicators were front & centre

D

Deleted member 26715

Next question for the collective, can anyone see why my rear fog light might not work.

IMG-20200318-162238.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
Quick question. I need a new back box on my car - it's only been on 18 years. I know the exact part I need (two possible options on my car but mine is the early one). Easy access, no complicated routing. Chances of me undoing the two bolts with impact sockets and a breaker bar - probably zero ! :whistle:
I always did my own exhaust sections but learned years ago, you replace one section and often, within weeks, an adjacent section goes. I suspect it happens because as you replace one piece, often the rear box, it now operates correctly with correct back pressure, so increasing pressure in the remainder of the system.
I dont even bother anymore....just replace the lot.
Also I realised years ago, I could buy a rear box cheap but it only had a year warranty. Pay a bit more and get 3 or 5 years warranty. Which makes you wonder about the quality of materials used in the cheap one .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I always did my own exhaust sections but learned years ago, you replace one section and often, within weeks, an adjacent section goes. I suspect it happens because as you replace one piece, often the rear box, it now operates correctly with correct back pressure, so increasing pressure in the remainder of the system.
I dont even bother anymore....just replace the lot.
Also I realised years ago, I could buy a rear box cheap but it only had a year warranty. Pay a bit more and get 3 or 5 years warranty. Which makes you wonder about the quality of materials used in the cheap one .

I'm tempted to go mid section and back box, then saves the issue later (after the cat).

Reactions: gbb

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm wondering when my Volvo might need a new exhaust, as its 11 years old. It's all posh and fancy, with quad tailpipe, and Volvo want the thick end of 800 quid for cat back. MIJ will do me a bespoke, standard db level replica in stainless for 600, so I know which I'll be buying.

Top Bottom