The motor vehicle questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What i can't understand is how they manage to stay there after a 20 mile journey :laugh:
I can remember seeing a baby snail sat on a wiper blade of my brother's car whilst travelling at 70 mph at night . It had it's little neck raised up as it couldn't believe seeing the world flashing past so fast.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My Mini One D needs sorting. I took it to a garage today,to be told it needs summat doing to the fan belt mounting or something like that. They told me it wasn't wise to go far in it,so I drove home and parked up. Apparently the engine has to be lifted to get at the problem. Roughly,how much dosh will i be stung for?🤔

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My Mini One D needs sorting. I took it to a garage today,to be told it needs summat doing to the fan belt mounting or something like that. They told me it wasn't wise to go far in it,so I drove home and parked up. Apparently the engine has to be lifted to get at the problem. Roughly,how much dosh will i be stung for?🤔

Surely that was your first question to the garage?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Surely that was your first question to the garage?
It was one of those scratch the head and say 'can't really tell how much till we strip it down' moments.:rolleyes:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It was one of those scratch the head and say 'can't really tell how much till we strip it down' moments.:rolleyes:

Well you can’t be expected to effectively write them a blank cheque so I’d take my business elsewhere.
Nobody here will be able to give you a figure without knowing what the fault is to start with.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well you can’t be expected to effectively write them a blank cheque so I’d take my business elsewhere.
Nobody here will be able to give you a figure without knowing what the fault is to start with.
The garage is known for being fair in their prices. The BMW/M.O.T test centre place across the road quoted me £130 for an oil change the other week!:eek:

D

Deleted member 26715

£468.68

The garage I go to for my MOT seem to be able to check on fitting times and prices on their computer.
If it is anything like my old Corsa B it could involve removing things like the air filter box and supporting the engine to remove an engine mount in order to remove the belts .

D

Deleted member 26715

The garage I go to for my MOT seem to be able to check on fitting times and prices on their computer.
If it is anything like my old Corsa B it could involve removing things like the air filter box and supporting the engine to remove an engine mount in order to remove the belts .
Yep called Autodata

Top Bottom