The motor vehicle questions and answers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I only had the one, and as aforementioned above it didn't end will.

I don't have a downer on Golfs, but prior to my Mum retiring ffromher position a lower ranked director at the UK importer, Volkswagen Group, (VAG was the UK importer prior to that, and they folded in 1992) she never rated their reliability as anything to boast about, and she attributed the 'reliable'image to decades of clever marketing. Having said that, my eldest Daughter had several on the trot, an R32 and 2 different generations of R with no real hassle before she defected to Porker.

This is well worth a read. In many cases it turns public perception of reliable models and brands right on its head.

https://www.reliabilityindex.com/

Me? I dont care, so long as it starts when it should and is, hopefully, minimally polluting.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Should have stuck with the little Far Eastern beast
Sometimes I think that,but folk thought it was a pensioner's car. :blush:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I daren't go near it now. If i have to buy a new battery so be it,it's not the end of the world. My main concern is/are those windows! i blew three window motors on that old diesel Golf i had by touching the wind down button by mistake. Every time it cost about £200 to be repaired. I've asked about 5 Mini owners now how they go on with their dip when door opens windows. Seriously not one can give an answer! I'm met (when i ask them) with a blank expression followed by 'Er i don't know'.:rolleyes:

screenman

Legendary Member
I daren't go near it now. If i have to buy a new battery so be it,it's not the end of the world. My main concern is/are those windows! i blew three window motors on that old diesel Golf i had by touching the wind down button by mistake. Every time it cost about £200 to be repaired. I've asked about 5 Mini owners now how they go on with their dip when door opens windows. Seriously not one can give an answer! I'm met (when i ask them) with a blank expression followed by 'Er i don't know'.:rolleyes:

The reason no answer, there is no problem.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So you bought a hairdressers car?
Silly boy!:rolleyes: You of all people should know that hairdressers cars are shocking pink in colour,with false eyelashes attached to the headlights!
1575282774734.png

^_^

Gunk

Guru

We’ve owned three Minis and never had an issue with the windows. The ‘er I don’t know’ probably means that they have not had a problem either.

Top Bottom