The old Bullworker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AWG

Does anyone else use one of these? I bought my first just over 40 years ago. Green handles and a sort of plastic reinforced with steel cord. The model in the brochure was a superbly fit young athlete by the name of David Prowse (later became involved in intergalactic war and forces of evil, suffering from heavy breathing). But of course I never believed he got that way JUST by using a Bullworker. The present Bullworker is ok but not as well made. The exercises push one muscle against another and offer excellent stretching potential. But you know, they really do make you feel great if you workout with one of these. Maybe even become a Jedi Knight. Recommended. :biggrin:

phaedrus

I sent away for one, but I couldn't get it out of the box :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
my dad had one when I was little, me and my bro used to go red in the face tryig to compress it

Isometric movements, not very useful for building strength. Buy a set of dumbells instead.

I had one as a teenager, but was scared of getting my chest rug caught in it.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
cheadle hulme said:
Isometric movements, not very useful for building strength. Buy a set of dumbells instead.

surely bullworkers were hair safe
chest expanders were the ones to avoid if one of the springs worked loose and fecked you in the face

OP
OP
A

AWG

cheadle hulme said:

I this assuming I DON'T already have a full set of dumbells and barbells:biggrin:

I am Spartacus said:
surely bullworkers were hair safe
chest expanders were the ones to avoid if one of the springs worked loose and fecked you in the face

LOL I was getting my 1970's exercise equipment mixed up.

Can you still get those grip strengthener things (like a pair of scissors without blades)?

I am Spartacus

Über Member
cheadle hulme said:
LOL I was getting my 1970's exercise equipment mixed up.

Can you still get those grip strengthener things (like a pair of scissors without blades)?

scarily .. yes you can.. have seen them gathering dust in JJB..
actually doing them a diservice..
they are good for regaining strength in the hands if needed after injury

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I am Spartacus said:
scarily .. yes you can.. have seen them gathering dust in JJB..
actually doing them a diservice..
they are good for regaining strength in the hands if needed after injury

Yup. Used mine after injury, and found it also makes great finger exercise for guitar. Plus my braking is now exceptional.

longers

Legendary Member
andrew-the-tortoise said:
Also got one of those big coil spring power twister thingy's.

I've got a scar under my chin from messing about with one of those, it was a while ago now but I'm not sure if I imagine it lifting me off my feet after I'd let go of one end.

I also remember at about 8 or nine yr old and thinking I was stronger than my gran :wacko:.

I am now :laugh:

Top Bottom