The pubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just got back from the pub which is about 1 minute walk from my flat. Two pints in three hours isn't much, but better than sitting here in my kitchen. It was ok, but they have four... yes four!! tellies on the walls:ohmy: and their volume made conversation rather difficult!!🧐

Edit...Correction, five....yes five tellies!!!!:ohmy: :ohmy:
Why go then, are there no others close by?

I've yet to hear anything in life that you're happy with, must be a very miserable existence.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been going to a different drinking hole lately. I wouldn't call it a pub as it's a place converted into a 'bar'. To me, pubs are places built years ago that have stood the test of time, like my local pub built in 1904. The new place is clean, dickhead free, sells proper cask ale, not homebrew and is much nearer to home. I drove down to my local (still call it my local) on Tuesday night. As I approached in my car some scruff smoking a dimp at the door spotted me then went back inside, then 10 seconds later the door was slammed shut! Obviously scruff informed the alco' so called landlady and she took action. I can take the hint!! 🧐

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What I do not like about the above bar/pub if you like are the 'gender neutral' toilets in this bar! I didn't even know they were, till I saw a woman come out the cubicle next to me as I was adjusting my tie and flies.:ohmy: She smiled and seemed ok about it, but I kind of apologised for being there. I don't think it's right! Not much the mixing, but the thought that women have to sit down on toilet seats that men have peed on.:thumbsdown:

Seevio

Guru
What I do not like about the above bar/pub if you like are the 'gender neutral' toilets in this bar! I didn't even know they were, till I saw a woman come out the cubicle next to me as I was adjusting my tie and flies.:ohmy: She smiled and seemed ok about it, but I kind of apologised for being there. I don't think it's right! Not much the mixing, but the thought that women have to sit down on toilet seats that men have peed on.:thumbsdown:
Aim better or just lift the seat.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I just can't make my mind up whether to go to a/the pub or not.🤔 Not my haven't been in there for 2 months local, no I mean the one about 2 minutes walk from my flat. I bet it's either dead or full of pissed up 30/40 somethings. I just fancy a couple of pints with my daily banana and a bag of pork scratchings for my mutt. Maybe best not to bother eh? 🤔

Drago

Legendary Member
I go to local members club. Leather armchairs (yes, honest!), waiters (yes, honest!) and no riff raff. If only I could smoke my pipe in there!

The commoners like the gamekeeper and the local sheets go to the pub.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just been stopped by 2 slightly inebriated chaps from Glasgow while out walking my mutt. They asked which pubs 'do karaoke'. I pointed them in the direction of such a place. I asked them before they left if they'd come down to avoid chairman Sturgeon's hogmanay misery. They told me they had. They were too pissed up to ask why they chose deepest Lancashire and not somewhere nearer to home like Carlisle or Newcastle.

1641060698730.png

Mmm, that's a 402 miles there and back trip! 🤔

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I've just been stopped by 2 slightly inebriated chaps from Glasgow while out walking my mutt. They asked which pubs 'do karaoke'. I pointed them in the direction of such a place. I asked them before they left if they'd come down to avoid chairman Sturgeon's hogmanay misery. They told me they had. They were too pissed up to ask why chose deepest Lancashire and not somewhere nearer to home like Carlisle or Newcastle.

View attachment 624544

I love this story, despite the Scots not liking the English too much, I like them, we have a lot round here, they came to work in the pits, they like a pint and are good fun and have a lot in common with us Yorkshire folk.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I love this story, despite the Scots not liking the English too much, I like them, we have a lot round here, they came to work in the pits, they like a pint and are good fun and have a lot in common with us Yorkshire folk.
I bet a lot headed to Blackpool in the west of our county. They like Blackpool for some reason. I remember them in the 1960's/70's during the annual Blackburn wakes weeks holidays filling the south of the resort which was more for young couples and singles rather than the north part which was for 'oldies' and families. The particularly liked The Manchester and The Foxhall pubs! I went into both in the early 1990's on a Saturday afternoon in Blackpool pub crawl. The Manchester was full of blokes wearing their teams football shirts, trying to out sing all the others in there, but there wasn't any trouble at all. :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've just been stopped by 2 slightly inebriated chaps from Glasgow while out walking my mutt. They asked which pubs 'do karaoke'. I pointed them in the direction of such a place. I asked them before they left if they'd come down to avoid chairman Sturgeon's hogmanay misery. They told me they had. They were too pissed up to ask why they chose deepest Lancashire and not somewhere nearer to home like Carlisle or Newcastle.

View attachment 624544

Fell asleep on the Train ?

View: https://youtu.be/rBbvnbApzKM

Reactions: DRM

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I bet a lot headed to Blackpool in the west of our county. They like Blackpool for some reason. I remember them in the 1960's/70's during the annual Blackburn wakes weeks holidays filling the south of the resort which was more for young couples and singles rather than the north part which was for 'oldies' and families. The particularly liked The Manchester and The Foxhall pubs! I went into both in the early 1990's on a Saturday afternoon in Blackpool pub crawl. The Manchester was full of blokes wearing their teams football shirts, trying to out sing all the others in there, but there wasn't any trouble at all. :okay:
That’s one of the only pubs I have known where you can go up to the bar and order fourteen pints of snakebite & black without anybody batting an eyelid. Seem to recall it being slightly threatening though.

my village only has one pub which doesn’t do food - it’s basically a social club for the landlords and their dodgy mates. Massive beer garden but it’s all about the bouncy castle for the kiddies and karaoke nights…. Awful stuff. There is also a social club but my OH isn’t keen on trying it. you have to pay a tenner and join up before you can go in. Might give it a try as it’s now a new year and don’t mind paying for annual membership early in the year but not just before it expires in Nov/Dec.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I've just been stopped by 2 slightly inebriated chaps from Glasgow while out walking my mutt. They asked which pubs 'do karaoke'. I pointed them in the direction of such a place. I asked them before they left if they'd come down to avoid chairman Sturgeon's hogmanay misery. They told me they had. They were too pissed up to ask why chose deepest Lancashire and not somewhere nearer to home like Carlisle or Newcastle.

View attachment 624544

We had a great time Accy, and it was a pleasure meeting you.:okay:

Top Bottom