The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you spot non genuine new members? Is it purely from the somewhat garbled post? I'm not very computer savvy, so interested to find out.
There are various ways to spot them. With this one, the standard of english and the spammy link were the obvious signs that would have made me bounce them but as a mod I've also got information to show that the post came from Pakistan which is a fairly common source of spam.

You start to see patterns after a while and it's possible to pick out potential spammers from Russia or India just from the names they choose.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Right! Off to posh wedding now - I might be some time............

Dave7

Legendary Member
There are various ways to spot them. With this one, the standard of english and the spammy link were the obvious signs that would have made me bouce them but as a mod I've also information to show that the post came from Pakistan which is a fairly common source of spam.

You start to see patterns after a while and it's possible to pick out potential spammers from Russia or India just from the names they choose.
Well, I went on that link and will have you know its absolutely genuine.
I left my bank details and am now waiting for my free gift.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Nick it from out the field?

No. Morrisons own (and not nicked either) ^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back about half one with 53miles on. it rained a one point, but only a shower, it was just starting to spit again as I rolled up to the house, just a very blowey ride, one of those where you never seemed to got a tail wind. On the way out I decided to ride through Cubbinton and Offchurch then ride down the welsh Road, I got to the Fosseway and the Welsh Road was closed so I had to turn onto the Fosseway then turn through Ufton, I'd forgotten how steep that climb was, continued passed Harbury and used the farm road to Chesterton, lots of free range sheep on the lane, I had to stop at one point and herd a group off the road so I could continue, then use the gated road to the Lighthorne and the cafe, the cafe is in a cricket Pavilion over looking a cricket pitch. On the way back I rode past the Chesterton windmill, past Harbury, through Bascott Heath to Long Itchington and through Hunningham and on to the Leamington road where I turned right through Ryton and Wolston to ride into Coventry through Brandon and Binley Woods then across the city home. The juries out on the new stem, I was comfortable and the change in position didn't slow me down but I'll do a few rides on it before I make my mind up about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just got back from a 20 miler, with a stop at Waitrose on the way back for stores. Many reduced items, plus I had a voucher for a further £4 off when spending over £20.^_^ Front and rear panniers came in handy as I bought quite a lot, still only £22 with the voucher.^_^ Stopped at the Mitre for a few ales so all in all just about even.:becool:

gonna have to call at Llandudno , best pork pies I have ever tasted form a deli called the hambone in Llandudno:mrpig::hungry::mrpig:

As promised here is a Ham bone pork pie well not any more ...I've ate it

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/butcher-makes-best-pork-pies-2754934
20190831_154549.jpg
20190831_154651.jpg

I do have three more though :mrpig::mrpig:

Top Bottom