@ebikeerwidnes I just saw this on google and thought you might enjoy it.
For others, we spoke about this tunnel which is neer ebikers route.
https://www.autonocion.com/us/3734-foot-canal-tunnel-hand-dug-drone/
yes - thanks
I have read about that work - it is interesting to read about it as I ride over it quite a few times every summer
As it says there is no towpath in the tunnel but the old road used by the horses still exists
Basically the towpath goes into a track past some nice looking houses
then across a main road and down the other side - again past some nice looking houses
and then joins the Trent and Mersey canal on the other side
just after that is the "stop lock" which links the Trent and Mersey canal to the Bridgewater canals
they are weird locks that only raise or lower the boats by a foot or less
but they protect the water "belonging" to the canal company that owns it and stop it leaking into the other one if one of them "leaks"
Quite interesting - if you like that sort of thing
If anyone is interested there are a lot of "interesting" videos about the repairs to the canals around Whitchurch after that massive breach a while ago
It is interesting seeing what they have needed to do and how they are fixing it
I could witter on for ages about it all
but better not