The Secrets of Sports direct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A nice bit of Cate Blanchett, although in a break from the norm she keeps her clothes on in this one. Interestingly, not Sports Direct clothes either.

Tin Pot

Guru
So the secret is that they pay staff badly - shocked, I'm shocked.

Can I go and buy my cheap trainers now?

Drago

Legendary Member
I know a guy who's a deputy manager at an Aldi. They pay him pretty well for a job requiring no technical skills or formal training, although they make him blooming work for It.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought some Karrimor walking shoes from there, Sandals are more waterproof! Some stuff's ok like the obscure footy shirts,but some of those well known names are maid from crap material. Those Slazenger polos are poor and all that Donnay stuff is inferior quality! One thing i learnt from last night's prog...i didn't know that Bjorn Borg's tennis racket was made by Donnay when they made and sold better stuff!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
What a pile of old crap. The discounts are bullcrap and the staff have no employment rights at all. I'm disgusted. I won't be going to the store again.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Lots of pub workers are on zero hours contracts I cant see us all boycotting pubs as well.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The reality is that the vast majority of the British public couldn't care less about the contracts that SD employees are on. All they want are cheap trainers.

If everyone decided today to stop using SD until they got rid of zero hours contracts these contracts would be replaced tomorrow. The public has the power to change things like this, they/we just don't care enough to do anything about it

Top Bottom