Things you've had stolen from a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A friend of mine was (stupidly) riding through Cambridge with her handbag in the front basket. She was done by a scrote on a moped. It shook her up for a good while.

mick1836

Über Member
Whenever I stop for a coffee break even if I'm only sat a few feet from my bike I always fit either a cable lock if on my MTB or if on my carbon fiber road bike one of these locks
51dgfWnjTDL._SY355_.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
HALF of a front mudguard from my MTB when locked up in Edinburgh. It was one of those with a cam which tightens inside the steerer tube, and the thief had seemingly tried to lever the whole thing out. The clamp snapped at the bit attached to the front half. They took the front section anyway and left me with the rear part :wacko:.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Had a whole drop bar bike nicked when I was about 17, then a few years later someone helped themself to my bull bar ends while it was locked up outside my mates house.

This could have been tragic though, my full carbon Whyte Montpellier as I (fortunatly) found it after after a 90 minute breakfast stop a couple of hundred yards away.

DSC_0034.JPG

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Never had a bike or anything attached to one stolen.

Someone attempted to steal my Surly Pacer outside B&Q, but I only noticed a few days later when I noticed damage to the cable.

iandg

Legendary Member
A tatty lycra seat cover from outside Sandwell Hospital. I worked there in the 90s. Locked the bike up and took everything that was removable into the lab with me. Never thought anyone would want a fluo green zebra striped saddle cover that was worn, scuffed and tattered.

Top Bottom