Things you've had stolen from a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
My bike was once locked up with two locks in central Bristol. Came back to find out that some twat had nicked my saddle:angry:. Had to ride home standing up.

keithmac

Guru
My bike had a trunk bag and clip on lights - all easily removable - so that's what caused the note.

I needed the trunk bag for the shopping, but it did cross my mind to remove the lights before setting out.

Back - almost - on topic I saw a woman in Glasshouse Street, central London, years ago struggling to start her parked 125cc motorbike.

Turned out someone had nicked the kickstarter, so I jump started it for her.

We had a customer last year, parked her nearly new moped in town and when she came back realised some scrote had stolen the transmission case!.

Have had 4 bikes back for poor tickover, all the same model and all had their idle screws pinched..

postman

Legendary Member
Nothing stolen,but some schoolkids let the air out of my mates rear tyre while we were in a cafe.Once and only once some cycling scrote i knew who it had been tried to take off my Brooks saddle,it was all wobbly when i left the cafe.And i had seen his mate standing next to my bike kidding to be sheltering from the rain,he was hiding his mate,that's what i realized after.Scum.

Gixxerman

Guru
Nothing personally, but a work mate had his saddle knicked whilst it was was locked up outside Halfords Tritton Road, Lincoln. They must have been tooled up too as it wasn't even a quick release. It wasn't even that good a saddle. Odd.

Last edited:

Zimbob

Über Member
I've been lucky, never had anything pinched from any of my bikes, but when I was wee our garage got broken into. My brother had an upright 'Jeep' bicycle, I had a 'Commando' and even as a 6 year old I used to laugh at his deeply uncool bike.... The thieves obviously felt the same, as they pinched his frame-pump and left the bike :laugh:

Alex H

Legendary Member
Left my bike outside Milton Keynes railway station, while I went to work. Got back to find the axle for the front wheel missing. Managed to very carefully slowly ride the 4 miles home, trying to avoid kerbs, potholes and associated drops / jumps. (and I didn't fall off!)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Flag off my trike like this

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Left my bike outside Milton Keynes railway station, while I went to work. Got back to find the axle for the front wheel missing. Managed to very carefully slowly ride the 4 miles home, trying to avoid kerbs, potholes and associated drops / jumps. (and I didn't fall off!)
The axle or the skewer? Or did you wheelie the whole way?

Top Bottom