This really annoyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
There is just about room for a car to come the other way here. There is most certainly not enough room for a bus to do it.

Canrider

Guru
Eep! Did you catch any reaction to your hand signal?

BSRU

A Human Being
Would the bus driver have executed the same manoeuvre if you had been driving a car, I think not.

Hmmm - the bus indicates in plenty (?) time.

A friendly "Hey, I'm driving a hugely ungainly and ugly beast; I need the space, please, mate"? Warning - "Hey *******, I'm coming through whether you like it or not"? Or just on autopilot?

If it'd been my video, I think I'd have decided that I'd maybe got it a bit wrong, and could/should have given way - dunno, just a bit of payback for many, many bits of courtesy I've had from bus-drivers?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Yep. Bus driver indicated and was in primary position way before you had right of way

I really don't see the point in half these so called 'I'm right, your wrong' cycle cam submissions on this here CC.

Surely you could see the bus dead ahead indicating and coming through. All you had to do was be patient, slow down or even stop and give way to the bus driver. That said as you was being impaition and not giving way to the bus this was no excuse for him/her not slowing or even stoping the bus in the bottle necked road where you both crossed paths

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Hmmm - the bus indicates in plenty (?) time.

A friendly "Hey, I'm driving a hugely ungainly and ugly beast; I need the space, please, mate"? Warning - "Hey *******, I'm coming through whether you like it or not"? Or just on autopilot?

If it'd been my video, I think I'd have decided that I'd maybe got it a bit wrong, and could/should have given way - dunno, just a bit of payback for many, many bits of courtesy I've had from bus-drivers?

I got it wrong? Are you nuts? He had to pull over to the opposite side of the road, therefore it's his responsibility to give way to oncoming traffic. There was no traffic behind me, so he could have easily waited for me to come through.

Yep. Bus driver indicated and was in primary position way before you had right of way

I really don't see the point in half these so called 'I'm right, your wrong' cycle cam submissions on this here CC.

Surely you could see the bus dead ahead indicating and coming through. All you had to do was be patient, slow down or even stop and give way to the bus driver. That said as you was being impaition and not giving way to the bus this was no excuse for him/her not slowing or even stoping the bus in the bottle necked road where you both crossed paths

What are you on about? He pulled over to my side of the road, nearly forcing me off, but you think he had right of way?

YahudaMoon

Über Member
As you see it. The cars are parked on the right giving yourself right of way. Correct.

Though the bus was indicating and had primary way before had hit the parked cars on the right giving you plenty of time to stop and give way to the bus so in my opinion the bus driver did no wrong other than not stopping before he passed you. That said you did not stop either.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's funny how the difference between two similar situations like this one can lead to very different feelings. Had the bus driver "asked" to be let out, and you let him out, I bet you would both have felt excellent. This is the other shading of this sort of situation, where the bus just assumes they can go through, and perhaps take advantage of your relative size and vulnerability to push on through, which tends to leave a feeling of annoyance and being taken advantage of.

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
As you see it. The cars are parked on the right giving yourself right of way. Correct.

Though the bus was indicating and had primary way before had hit the parked cars on the right giving you plenty of time to stop and give way to the bus so in my opinion the bus driver did no wrong other than not stopping before he passed you. That said you did not stop either.

Yes, as I see it because I was there.
In fact I didn't have "plenty of time". I had to brake sharply as it was to get out of the way.

It's interesting that you don't think the bus driver did anything wrong, when he practically forced me off the road.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm with you on that, Ben. The bus driver is on the wrong side of the road, overtaking parked cars, and despite oncoming traffic. YahudaMoon is on the wrong side of it too, together with the bus driver. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom