Time to close the books.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1,982 miles, Not my normal, But dealing with cancer since April slowed me down a bit, 6 weeks of radio and chemo therapy kept me of the bike. Still struggling a bit, Hopefully by the spring should be back to my normal self. Be glad to see the back of 2021,:cheers:
I wish you all the best for next year @derrick :okay:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Just a few yards over 800 miles, which is more than I thought it would be. I was quite active in September but didn't maintain it. I did manage two imperial centuries in the year, the longest being 111 miles which was also the last ride of all on September 25th. So I could still ride 100 miles last time I tried but it didn't feel like something which would easily become normal again.

Returning to something close to previous levels probably depends on getting back on the Imperial Century a Month treadmill. I had a heavy fall on Christmas Eve when taking a short cut across some grass (walking!). I've recovered from the bang on the head but my ribs are still extremely sore. I'll need to feel some improvement there before my first pedal strokes of 2022.

The highlight of the year was probably cover most of the available roads on Bute and Gigha, proving that cycling still be fun.

Brandane

Legendary Member
2457 miles for the year, across 5 bikes.
Up 189 miles on last year, but down 1400 on my peak in 2018. A bit crap this year considering I haven't worked since January, and the weather was not bad by our standards. A simple case of CBA'd. No excuses. Hopefully 2022 might see my mojo return, but I won't be looking too hard.

Alex321

Veteran
I will probably do another 12-20 mile ride tomorrow, but as of now, I am on 4,113.5 miles ( 6,620.1 km), with 285,531 ft ( 87,030 m ) of climbing, in 266 rides (still 266 in metric :smile:).
OK, now can close the book for 2021.

Actually did another 32 miles today, really enjoyable ride :smile:

So final total for the year 4,145 miles, with 287,956 ft of upness. 267 rides.

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
Total distance = 4502.2 kms
Average distance per ride = 29.1 kms
Longest ride = 212.22 kms
All 'on the road' - no rollers/turbo etc
1640970327512.png

scragend

This is mine, "since records began" in 2016. Small fry compared to most of you, but going in the right direction.

At the age of 35 I hadn't really cycled since I passed my driving test at the age of 17, so in the latter part of 2016 I bought a second hand hybrid with the intention of getting back into it. It obviously didn't last long if 2017's figures are anything to go by!

In January 2018 I had a cycling accident which smashed my face up, put me in hospital and left me out of action for a few months and then I kind of got out of the habit. At the start of lockdown in 2020 I picked it up again and have been building from there. I'm happy to have covered more miles (just) in 2021 than 2020, and the aim for 2022 is to increase that again.

I also clocked up my longest ever ride in 2021 of just over 70 miles. Again not earth-shattering for some people, but a good effort as far as I was concerned!

1640970338341.png

raymondo60

A life behind bars
1,982 miles, Not my normal, But dealing with cancer since April slowed me down a bit, 6 weeks of radio and chemo therapy kept me of the bike. Still struggling a bit, Hopefully by the spring should be back to my normal self. Be glad to see the back of 2021,:cheers:
Wish you all the best for 2022 derrick. Don't overdue it, just enjoy 😉

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't actually kept my records up to date, but the distance will be low. I'll update MyCyclingLog and see what the total is. My guess would be less than 2,400 km (1,500 miles)?

PS I just finished copying my rides into MCL. The total is slightly better than expected, though still low...

Total 3,044 km (1,892 miles).

Interestingly, exactly 50% of that was on my singlespeed bike, proving once again what a fantastic investment the small amount of time and money required to build it was.

1/3 of the total was on my best bike. It would be considered fairly antiquated now having an aluminium frame, 10 speed cassette, and rim brakes, but it was a top bike when new, and nearly 20 years on is still a great bike to ride.

1/6 of my total was done in just 2 weeks in Devon on the bike I bought off @Venod's son. Another great investment! I aim to be spending 4+ weeks down there every year now so the numbers will be much higher in future.

Next year, I aim to do 2-3 times what I did in 2021.

Last edited:
Top Bottom