To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peelywally

lets face it your average car driver is in his/her mobile sitting room that they pay through the nose for and they want to vent and who better than the cyclist , cars pay road fund insurance so why dont bikes they say , i`ll tell you it wouldnt be long after the first load of claims went in against car drivers for damaged bikes worth thousands and torn clothing worth hundreds that they would start moaning about that aswell ,

car drivers just need to realise that up until you cut up or nearly hit that cyclist he/she thought you were just like them an ordinary person using the road , its when the aggressive driving attitude comes out backed up with the i pay argument that the car driver becomes an enemy of the cyclist ,

ive seen bad driving and not once could an insurance certificate saved me and it doesnt save drivers from hitting other cars or pedestrians either so please car drivers drop this silly excuse to drive badly or threaten /hit people .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That is just stupid cycling. All it takes is the driver deciding to edge forward and to the side for any number of reasons and...... I'm sure we can work out the rest. More importantly, what was the point?

agree 100%. I wouldn't try that maneuver in a million years. I have to share the roads with these buses on a daily basis and they are not fun to be around. Lethal.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
agree 100%. I wouldn't try that maneuver in a million years. I have to share the roads with these buses on a daily basis and they are not fun to be around. Lethal.

Totally non-lethal if you ride safely, with foresight and awareness - and don't have a (frankly motorist-esque) selfish must-get-to-the-front-no-matter-the-consequence attitude.

Norm

Dude, a motorbike is not a bicycle. I asked for an example of a bicycle causing a crash. The motorbike story was interesting, but irrelevant.
Actually, you asked for a cyclist. Which is what I gave.

And, now that you mention it, your question was irrelevant to my point.

In response to Magnatom's comment about the relative safety of cars...

Not only is relative risk not relevant to the issue of all cyclists being tarred by the RLJ / pavement / ninja brush but the risk can be just as big for motorists.
I've seen accidents caused by dogs running out where the driver has avoided the animal and run into something coming the other way, I've seen the M4 closed at the M25 junction when 2 people were killed after the car in front swerved to avoid a swan, I've worn the insides of a cat after a bus driver thankfully didn't swerve to avoid it as he overtook me... so, just to make it clear again, the risk can be just as big for motorists.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Why the need to get in front at that exact point (referring to the bendy-bus vid)? Why not slot in behind (in full view of the following vehicles) and then set off when the lights go green?

I will filter with the best of them, but that rider did a totally daft trick by going up an (almost non-existant) gap between the bus and the kerb.

subaqua

What’s the point
Why the need to get in front at that exact point (referring to the bendy-bus vid)? Why not slot in behind (in full view of the following vehicles) and then set off when the lights go green?

I will filter with the best of them, but that rider did a totally daft trick by going up an (almost non-existant) gap between the bus and the kerb.

why did the chicken cross the road?

nobody knows but the rider and i will wager he didn't have a clue why he did either

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Totally non-lethal if you ride safely, with foresight and awareness - and don't have a (frankly motorist-esque) selfish must-get-to-the-front-no-matter-the-consequence attitude.

foresight and awareness are no help when one of these buses decides to overtake you and pull in to the kerb.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A cycle has brakes.......?

Not sure what else to say?

Yes, an overtake and immediate kerbing is no good, but if you are being squeezed, do you stay in the 'tube' or drop out the back?

Of course you drop out of the back.
mate, I don't know if you have had any dealings with these buses in a very congested London, but they really do think they rule the road. HGV's are nothing compared to these guy's trust me. I have seen more near missus with these buses then I have HGV's, Taxis etc... as I said they are lethal. 18 meters long, articulated with very poor sight lines.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 1299905"]
Indeed, hence why they are being scrapped resprayed and sent to the olympic park for the last year of the construction phase.
[/quote]

corrected the post.

the number of bendy buses has increased on site as it gets closer to peak labour. no segregated routes for cycling . green games my backside

Dan B

Disengaged member
by definition they are the same,

from OED

Cycle 5. a bicycle or a motorcycle.

Cyclist n. a person who rides a cycle.

Try telling the police that when they stop you for riding a motorbike on a shared use path.

The OED is descriptive, not prescriptive. The Law, not so much ...

Top Bottom