To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie G

Quick, someone PM Gaz, he's our poster boy! :biggrin:

I do hope they dont get all stroppy with accusing us of all RLJing and pavement riding etc.. if they do I'll go to offcom.:angry: Should be pretty obvious why people use cameras - just look on youtube ffs.

Bit too early for me. I go past Waterloo station every day - thinking of getting a cheapo helmet cam myself and I think the more cyclists that have them, the better. Mind you, i do have a beef with cyclists that RLJ and if there were more police on bikes - a few spot fines may change behaviour?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bit too early for me. I go past Waterloo station every day - thinking of getting a cheapo helmet cam myself and I think the more cyclists that have them, the better. Mind you, i do have a beef with cyclists that RLJ and if there were more police on bikes - a few spot fines may change behaviour?

Welcome to the forums!

Norm

It has even made it onto Top Gear tonight. Hamster said "when idiots like you" to Clarkson - who replied with the road tax comment. :biggrin:

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
It has even made it onto Top Gear tonight. Hamster said "when idiots like you" to Clarkson - who replied with the road tax comment. :biggrin:

Yes, but if Hamster had actually done his research he would have come up with a suitable retort to Clarkson's "Who pays the road tax, then?" comment rather than just "Weeellll........."

Which reminds me that I once shared a hotel bar with the Top Gear team..........

But that's another story.

:smile:

I've just had this e-mail from Dogcamsports.

Hi,

We've had a enquiry from BBC television looking to do a piece on RoadHawk cameras and the general state of insurance costs and drivers here in the UK.

The have asked if any of our customers would like to be interviewed about this. They're looking for anyone with an interesting story or if the camera has helped you out after an incident.

If you're interested in potentially having a say on national TV then please let me know and we'll put you in contact with the program maker.

Kind Regards,

Mark Nelson
RoadHawk UK

It seems that the BBC is interested in doing a follow up article about the use of cameras in cars. I'm all for it personally.

all the more press about cameras being used by road users is good (Y)

Anyone else seen this? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nIp7_BUSldA

I agree, but some on here will need to be prepared for some of the shocking cyclists that are on the roads too.

As cyclists wishing to travel in safety it is right that we should highlight bad driving. But they are a significant number of cyclists who flout the rules, as often seen in your 'silly cyclists' clips. Clearly both sides need to be addressed.

Going down the left of the bus is madness, obviously someone who is not to bothered if they make it home at the end of the day!

I agree, but some on here will need to be prepared for some of the shocking cyclists that are on the roads too.

As cyclists wishing to travel in safety it is right that we should highlight bad driving. But they are a significant number of cyclists who flout the rules, as often seen in your 'silly cyclists' clips. Clearly both sides need to be addressed.

Agreed, but with a caveat..... how many car drivers are put at personal risk by cyclists? Relative risk needs to be taken into account.

Agreed, but with a caveat..... how many car drivers are put at personal risk by cyclists? Relative risk needs to be taken into account.

Your right of course, in any collision its going to be the cyclists who comes of worse.

But IMHO if you carry out a stupid manourve as a cyclists you put yourself in danger, but you also endanger other road users. If a vehicle takes avoiding action (lets say because of an RLJ er) and collides with something else which may or may not cause injury, then that is clearly the fault of the cyclist.

I totally agree with showing bad driving, but we have to accept that not all is right in the world of bikes. Therefore we need to highlight both sides and strive to improve and educate.

Norm

Not only is relative risk not relevant to the issue of all cyclists being tarred by the RLJ / pavement / ninja brush but the risk can be just as big for motorists.

I have sat beside several who are so intent on safely passing a cyclist that they will involuntarily twitch to the right and / or brake hard if the cyclist deviates from the straight ahead, without thinking about the danger that move might pose to themselves or other road users.

I had one person say to me about a month ago that she was frightened by cyclist who moved out to go round a particularly bad bit of road surface whilst she was overtaking him. I was incredulous that she could be frightened whilst sitting in her 1.5 tonne safety cage that she could have been frightened by a cyclist but not everyone is confident on the roads.

Top Bottom