To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
I thought Roger Geffen was a bit lame myself, it was kind of "Oh why can't we all just get along and play nicely?". I admit there are some nutters out there on bikes but they're not carrying two tons of metal with them unlike the nutter motorists.

That is a wise move IMO. Unfortunately it would suit many people if the issue became a tribal war between cyclists and motorists even though the more extreme on both sides would like that.

Most cyclists do use cars as well as bikes and should be possible for both types of road users to co-exist providing there is good will on both sides.

The personal injury lawyer, Paul Kitson, is the CTC legal bod. His company achieved a payout in respect of my cycling accident well above my expectations. (I'd certainly rather not have had the accident though).

Not a bad article although I'd prefer the BBC not to call helmet cams the cyclists new 'weapon'.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
It'll be on again in 10min @ 8:45am

Simon_m

Guru
will stick it on, i'm sure it will be made into a seperate watchable clip later in the day, like a lot of the individual stories

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I missed it this morning but my daughter watched it she said it was "mad"!

I put the BBC on when I was at the gym and the only bit I saw about it was people who had e-mailed in but even the presenters looked shocked that that sympathy was not with the cyclist. They read out the obligatory e-mail where the author was stating that cyclists should be taxed and insured blah blah blah - oh and the other obligatory cyclist goes through pedestrians with no regard I think it was!!!

darthpaul

Any chance it will be on youtube or somewhere? Cant believe they are surprised there is no sympathy for the cyclists, most people drive cars and we are just an inconvenience in their day. Good to see the BBC try and address the issue but there needs to be a sustained campaign if there is ever going to be a change in attitude from the majority.

Same ignorant motorists who dont understand that Vehicle Excise Duty is based on EMISSIONS and bicycles are ZERO and therefore EXEMPT.

dogcam

Ah ok, wondered where all the web traffic had suddenly come from!
Can't believe I missed it this morning.

Jezston

Über Member
So, where can I see it? Have I missed it and it's now gone forever?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I missed it this morning but my daughter watched it she said it was "mad"!

I put the BBC on when I was at the gym and the only bit I saw about it was people who had e-mailed in but even the presenters looked shocked that that sympathy was not with the cyclist. They read out the obligatory e-mail where the author was stating that cyclists should be taxed and insured blah blah blah - oh and the other obligatory cyclist goes through pedestrians with no regard I think it was!!!

Was so tempted to chuck something at the TV when they came up with that.

Thought Roger Geffen was underwhelming. Not least because he seemed to gabble at ten-to-the-dozen have problems pronouncing things like.... SMIDSY.

SMIDSY? FUCINL more like (F*** you cyclists I'm not looking).

Top Bottom