To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Following the link, I noticed that this was #2 most watched after the Egypt protests. Pretty good result.

I'm picking up an improvement in the greater road using public's attitude to cyclists and I think that's being reflected in the media's presentation of cycling issues. It's certainly patchy outside London, but even relative cycling deserts link Basingstoke are becoming more a less confrontational place to ride.

Pretty good report. Film from Ben (+ interview), Andy and Mags and a few remarks from Geffen from the CTC.
No surprises that Maggers, cyclechat's own Louis Spense, managed to get some air time.;)

No Gaz or Bollo.

CCers - do you remember the B+W, tram-lined footage of Bollo (shot on a Moy and Bastie cine-camera) colliding with a horse and cart outside a workhouse circa 1910?

I may not have been the best, but I think I was the first! Top tip - never collide with a cart made by the estimable coachmakers - Messrs Volvo and Sons. Their Barouches are particularly sturdy.

Simon_m

Guru
I was put off too by the use of the word "Weapon", said a few times. And drivers saying, "well, we will put cameras in our cars too!" Good, if it means it makes them more aware of whats happening around them, and it catches their mistakes - as well as ours :smile:

nilling

Über Member
Liked the way the CTC guy ignored the lazy presenters question about whether car drivers could use cameras to report law-braking cyclists <yawn>.

Am I correct, that only the van driver assault resulted in a prosecution?

I watched this my 13yo D there is probably no way now I could persuade her to get on a bike again :sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Nice to see Cyclechat got a mention in the article (though I suspect we may be in for an influx of motoring trolls who read it!) :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Liked the way the CTC guy ignored the lazy presenters question about whether car drivers could use cameras to report law-braking cyclists <yawn>.

Am I correct, that only the van driver assault resulted in a prosecution?

I watched this my 13yo D there is probably no way now I could persuade her to get on a bike again :sad:

Andy (of this parish) was confident the police were pursuing a carleess driving charge - but I do not know if it has gone to court or not. Anyone else?

Mag's incident has been covered in depth here and the PF's reason for not proceeding.

AndyB

Andy (of this parish) was confident the police were pursuing a carleess driving charge - but I do not know if it has gone to court or not. Anyone else?

Mag's incident has been covered in depth here and the PF's reason for not proceeding.

Mine was the roundabout crash.
The driver got sent on an 'awareness course' as a result....

I did get a nice new bike and compensation from his insurance company.
CTC solicitors were very helpful.

Norm

Good to see CC mentioned on the Beeb. :becool: Good work by Admin and a few others to get us on there. :thumbsup:

Mine was the roundabout crash.
The driver got sent on an 'awareness course' as a result....
Was yours the one in Datchet? I still struggle to use that junction. :angry:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
No Gaz or Bollo.

Yourself and mikey are also missing.

There are plenty of us out there that are doing many good things with cameras, all of us doing stuff differently.
I don't think they could have used better footage in the report. I certainly wouldn't have replaced any of my videos with theirs.

Top Bottom