Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm a truck driver and I've always give cyclist space when I'm passing and also move over to the left to let motorcycles pass especially in traffic :smile:
Ian
I have nothing but good passes from truck and HGV drivers, they seem to be the better vehicle to have near you and thus I try to make their pass as easy as possible for them. It only goes wrong the smaller the vehicle...........bit like rat dogs compared to big old Labradors ect

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
A cycle lane in Burnley ends abruptly on the pavement and goes straight into a 40mph zone merging with traffic. A car literally stopped to let me in, which was nice, but nearly caused a 1209482530985 car pile up behind him. Good intentions, seriously bad driving! (I was about to stop to filter in!)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nipping up the incline towards work I'm approaching a slower-moving Brake Bros delivery truck.

He signals left and waits to make the turn until he knows I have seen his signal, leaving plenty of space in case I have missed it.

I slowed down and gave him a wave so he would know that I had seen the signal. I was making the same turn as him, as it happened.

mulletino

Über Member
Good to see that in the original snippet- may need to invest in some camera equipment - more for the bad behavior than the good though

fimm

Veteran
Lady in little red car sat a good distance behind me through a large roundabout rather than passing at speed as other drivers were doing.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Moving through one of the lanes on my first ever commute - car was parked outside a house for whatever reason... kind fellow reversed and made way for me (single lane) and I waved, he flashed in appreciation too :smile:

TheSpence

Oh. Hello.
Today, a friendly cyclist did this...

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I was on a rail replacement bus service last night leaving Cambridge, in the dark, and the bus driver waited behind every single cyclist they saw until it was safe to pass, then did a great wide overtake on each of them. As I was at the front of the vehicle I could see all of what went on, and I was so impressed I made a point of saying how good her standard of driving was around cyclists, and that I wished all bus drivers did the same. Great stuff.

Ganymede

Veteran
Props to the driver of the Tufnell's van who waved and smiled after a beautiful wide overtake, having held back during 2 blind bends. Gent. Will email the firm.

Top Bottom