Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
A group of us were approaching a large roundabout over a junction of the M11 this morning, and slowing down before the give-way line ; a black people-carrier type taxi approaching from our right slowed right down, leaving us plenty of room and flashed us to go out in front of him - and then gave us a cheery wave a few moments later as he headed off down to the motorway.

Cyclopathic

Veteran

subaqua

What’s the point
not today but yesterday when I fell off at Marylebone.

Taxi driver ( black cab ) asked if was OK and asked if i needed any help.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Nice patient driver in a scenic this morning. Stayed behind at a pinch point so gave him the thumbs up. Wide pass and then hazard lights and a wave. :smile:)))

Hurtling downhill this morning (from the Rayleigh Weir towards the A130 slip for those that know), a knackered-looking Ford Transit flatbed, with a rear cage full of scrap metal pulled out from a gravel side road and blocked the cycle path about a hundred yards in front of me. "Uh oh" I thought, as I reached to test the brakes on my 30 y/o Motobecane (it was such a lovely morning I thought I'd take ye olde bike and potter about a bit). The driver saw me and immediately reversed out of the way with a wave.

Then, 300 yards later,as I came to cross the off-slip road, I began to slow down, looked round and saw that the same Transit had joined the road, then straddled the white line and slowed both lanes of traffic on the slip road to create a gap for me to cross!

Massive cheery wave and a 'thanks!' from me, as I rode off feeling guilty about pre-judging based solely on the vehicle. It made my day ^_^

Ganymede

Veteran
I had to wait behind parked cars today to give right-of-way to oncoming vehicles. Usually they just ignore you but today I got a thank-you wave from all 4 drivers - 2 cars and 2 vans.

Das

Regular
As cyclists I think its pretty important not only to have an extensive repertoire of colorful and interesting suggestions on what we think of people driving, but when they do slow down and pass with consideration, not cut you up at a junction etc.... that a wee wave, a thumbs up a "Thank You" is exchanged. Every little helps to break down barriers.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
There are long-term road works with a single lane on traffic lights- if there are only a couple of cars behind me, I let them go first- always gets a big grin and a wave.

Cycle King

It's great to see videos of drivers behaving well around cyclists. There's enough out there of them being idiots, we should celebrate the good drivers just as much as we condemn the bad ones.

Tynan

Veteran
had two potential accidents on Wed where vehicles and I would as they say been in collision had I not anticipated

but today an alarming amount of cars holding back as I looked before signalling to pass buses or parked cars, almost unerving

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I'm a truck driver and I've always give cyclist space when I'm passing and also move over to the left to let motorcycles pass especially in traffic :smile:
Ian

An HGV driver this morning was brilliant. Stayed behind me for about ½ a mile until it was safe to overtake, and the overtake when it came was brilliant. I caught up at the lights, so I made sure he knew I appreciated it.

Top Bottom