Toilet roll ettiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Fnaar said:
In days of old
When knights were bold
Before paper was ever invented
They wiped their @rse
On blades of grass
And walked away contented.
:blush:

In Greece, you put the used bogroll in a wastepaper bin by the loo. I could NOT live like that, as my "habits-de-toilette" would be somewhat incongruous with the custom.

but "arse" and "grass" don't rhyme.

Fnaar said:
In Greece, you put the used bogroll in a wastepaper bin by the loo. I could NOT live like that, as my "habits-de-toilette" would be somewhat incongruous with the custom.

same in Brasil

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:

It is not a custom as I understand it, rather a symptom of the rather narrow waste pipes used, and the ease with which they can become blocked. I have found the same in Portugal and Spain.

Andrew

JamesAC

longers said:
Possibly apocrphal also. Don't our armed forces get taught to stick a finger through a single sheet and use the sheet mainly to clean the finger?
According to my son ( 1 RRF ) the finger through the hole technique is the thing. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Paulus

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
cisamcgu said:
It is not a custom as I understand it, rather a symptom of the rather narrow waste pipes used, and the ease with which they can become blocked. I have found the same in Portugal and Spain.

Andrew

Thats what I understand as well. The old, ancient sewage system can't cope with paper and "other things" that get flushed away. It gets blocked very easily. The Greek Islands are the same, as is Portugal, Spain and parts of France.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
the use of insufficient quantity or quality of paper, leading to finger pollution is known as a brown ballerina:biggrin:

Top Bottom