Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bins and garden chairs put in the garage, camping gas stove and Butane cartridges in the house in anticipation of power cuts (Bloody modern gas appliances, no electric and the gas won't come through).

Fingers crossed for the roof.

gbb

Legendary Member
60 mph plus gusts here midday tomorrow.
I built a canopy several years ago, maybe 8ft x 6, fixed to the wall, two 6x6 posts at the other end, polycarb sheet roof.
Its not built for tomorrow's kind of weather but it has survived some pretty rough stuff?

My colleague Maciej flies to Poland tomorrow, rather him than me :whistle:

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I'm a bit concerned for my dad in all honesty.He lives a stones throw from the Beach right on the West Wales coast and it's always in the firing line of rough weather.This evening I've tried in vain to persuade him to come to my house as it's somewhat more sheltered, but he's having none of it.

midlife

Guru
Rechecked the forecast for here in Carlisle and looks pretty tame for tomorrow....

Somewhat to my surprise a fair bit of the midday in South London is showing 70mph winds. We'll see - London pretty sheltered from most stuff. Supposed to be heading into town for a bit of culture tomorrow evening.

Top Bottom